Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How much Xanax?

[Al...]

Ive never taken more than .5 Xanax in addition to the Temazepam I take at night to sleep.  Should I expect much WD as I taper that or is it too little to be concerned about?  Sorry if this sounds trivial but I am obsessing over what I am undertaking .....  Temazepam is next.

Ive never taken more than .5 Xanax in addition to the Temazepam I take at night to sleep.  Should I expect much WD as I taper that or is it too little to be concerned about?  Sorry if this sounds trivial but I am obsessing over what I am undertaking .....  Temazepam is next.

Unfortunately, there's really no such thing as a little benzo.  It's unknown what kind of W/D symptoms you may experience, but to minimize them you should listen to your body and taper at a slow rate around 5 - 10% of the reduced amount every couple of weeks or so.

How long have you been taking Xanax?

Not much before Oct 2021 but when I developed tinnitus I began to take it nightly to help with the increasing insomnia so ....  .5 mg nightly for abt 9 months.  I started breaking them in half about 5 months ago and only taking the second .25 in the middle of the night.  I only recently discovered that Benzos often caused Tinnitus.  Until then,  I had no though :-[