Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looks like I now fall into the antibiotic setback group?

[Ga...]

I was recently, and maybe prematurely, diagnosed with a bacterial infection in my abdomen and female parts.  Was first put on Ceftin, which I took for ten days last January and did fine with.  Then my OBGYN decided that I needed something stronger and prescribed Clindamycin which I quit after five of the seven days I was supposed to take it.  I finished the five day dose of the Ceftin.  Now I am having nausea, chills, and the good old benzo flu and benzo belly symptoms pretty much all day.  My doctor is putting me back on the same probiotic that I took before and did well with.

So, I am sorry to say I may have joined others who have had setbacks from taking an antibiotic.  Hoping I am looking at a couple weeks of feeling awful, not months!

GG

Thanks, Shayna.  You and me both as far as hoping it passes quickly!  A month ago I was shopping at the local garden centers, planing my purchases, and enjoying all aspects of my life immensely!

How are you feeling?

Hugs,

GG

GG,

I'm so sorry! I sure hope this passes for you quickly. You didn't take it for that long so let's hope. I'm struggling right there with you. I'm one month past the two-year mark and just doing worse than I ever have. I sure hope this is the last worse wave before things improve. Because I can barely handle it. I'm crying on a daily basis right now. Trying to stay positive. But it's really scary because it feels like I'm getting worse and not better. Hugs!

LiveLife

LiveLife, I know your struggles have been long and hard, but you know that the proof of your healing to come has been repeated over and over again by our fellow buddies.  I, myself, felt healed in May and it felt wonderful. I woke up and went to bed each day not even thinking about benzos and life was normal and full again. 

We will get there, we will get there, I promise.

Biggest hugs from your friend,

GG

GG,

That sounds so wonderful! I'm sure you miss it but you'll probably get back there sooner rather than later. You usually bounce back quite quickly. I'm looking forward to that time for myself. Thank you so much for those encouraging words they mean a lot. Sending healing thoughts and warm love your way,

LiveLife