Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any ways to tolerate?

[Fa...]

Any tips or tricks from anyone on how to deal with the overwhelming symptoms when they’re in absolute hyperdrive and you literally feel like your falling off the edges of the earth. Can’t find any little ways to cope  :-[

Oh yes...  I've been there, still am sometimes. 

I go to my bed and lay down with the hot water bottle.  Rub lavender oil on my wrists and temples.  I make myself safe.

Going to a place that's dark and quiet to reduce stimuli helps.  Curling up in the fetal position helps..... 

Climb into a hot bath..... I usually stop eating for a bit, and I drink strong mint tea.  Its rich and green and earthy and it has never failed to relax me. 

If I'm panicking,  I do the breathing thing....  4,4 and 4.  Breathe in count to four, hold count to 4, exhale count to 4. 

And sometimes I cry and I pray....  to whoever, whatever.  Heavenly god, spirit, ancestors.  People I know that love me. 

If I'm obsessing, I imagine my favorite things.  Like kissing a horse's velvety nose.  I know it must sound trite, but my mind runs aways with all kinds of monkey chatter when I'm in adrenalin/histamine overload.  If I can, I interrupt that negative flow.  I'm learning how to do this.

Just know that this will pass....  you are not alone.....  there are so many of us struggling to get through....  :smitten:

That was excellent. Nicely worded and I just needed to hear three things from someone else. I’m super appreciative that you responded  :) i guess there’s things out there and I just have to work hard enough to discover them.

Those are all great tips. I also use emotional freedom technique tapping. That can be very helpful. Well I will tell you recently I've been in such a bad wave It's been absolutely worse than ever for a couple of months right before I hit the 2-year mark that all my tips and techniques I use haven't been enough to help. Some days I just break down and cry and that's been pretty often lately. Hoping it's going to pass for me soon and for you too. Hugs!

LiveLife