Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

On 1 mg K. Would cutting by .125 mg and holding for a month be too fast?

[sc...]

Anyone done it this way?  Was it too much, too fast to handle?

Been on 1 mg K per day for almost two months now.

They make pills in .125 mg, so this type of taper would be easy as far as getting the doc to agree goes.

I guess I'm wondering if it would put me through hell or not?

It's only 12.5% per month, or 6.25% every two weeks, but compared to a DMT (Daily Micro Taper) I'm wondering if it might be hellish.

I believe I spotted a problem with this approach to tapering.  You're right that the first reduction would be 12.5%, but each following deduction would be a higher percent than that since the percentage when tapering is based on the reduced amount, not the original amount of 1 mg.

So when you're down to your last two .125 mgs, you'd be reducing by 50%, which is way too much.

Oh, ok... I think I understand now. 

I thought everyone meant to cut by 5 - 10% of the original dose every two weeks or as tolerated.

So it's 5 - 10% of your remaining dose after each reduction?

Does this come from the Ashton Manual, or is it just what everyone here has figured out works best?

Thanks.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to read the Ashton Manual.  It is the guide to benzo withdrawl that we reference the most and it has some sample withdrawl schedules.  It is a fairly quick read and a great starting point/foundation for this process.  Here is the link:

The Ashton Manual