Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

26 months off, having trouble

[Fa...]

Hi, I’m new to posting on the site. Was on 6 plus mg /day of Xanax for 22 years and off entirely now for about 26 months. I’m having some pretty severe problems and symptoms and just looking for some guidance. Thanks.

Hello Fatagtr11, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It looks like you've been off a little over two years, have your symptoms lessened at all?  We know it takes a long time to recover from this, how can we help you?

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but I'm so very sorry to know you're still suffering, we have many members in your same situation so please know you're not alone.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Hey, I really wish I could say things are much better. I’m lucky if I get a day or two here and there where I can take a breath. Symptoms are like a merry go round of things. Overall the worst by far is the panic. Non stop 24 hour panic that converts itself into things like agoraphobia and hypochondria. When I hit two years off I was really hoping and praying so hard I’d catch a break but here I am. There’s other mitigating factors as well that I was hoping aren’t keeping me from ever getting better. Just looking for any little bit of positivity at this point  :-[

How are your stress levels, we've found stress to be a factor when it comes to increased symptoms, is life handing you a lot of that?

I understand putting a time limit on recovery, I set myself up for disappointment several times but its hard not to, we want it so badly. 

I would say my stress levels are incredibly high. That would be due to those mitigating circumstances mentioned earlier. I really wish there was something that could successfully calm me down. My doctors are always begging me to go from a 10 to a 9 at least but I haven’t found any intervention yet that helps in the least. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated