Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do things taste funny to you?

[Bi...]

Hello,

One of the tricky things - particularly when my dissociation and DPDR is worse - is that things taste funny and the texture isn't quite right for food. Do other people find this in waves? It doesn't help that it triggers some of my other anxieties so can be very difficult.

Yes, I have experienced this BiddyBee.  Not for a while now, but yes, in the past. 

Time is all we have.  Avoid stress at all costs.  Be kind to yourself in all ways. 

oh yes this started 9m out for me but only a few days but yes i have  had food taste like things i haven't eaten In weeks like cinnamon thats a big one for me and yup its all WD and go away  :thumbsup: 

• 1 month later...
I can't handle spicy food like I used to burns my mouth to much & for some reason now. I love bbq sauce when I hated it before withdrawal. Very strange I thought.