Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Muscle jerks and twitching

[1R...]

Needing some help. I believe Xanax has caused me to start having twitching all over my body. I also have muscle jerks in all my limbs mainly at rest. The twitching started before I even messed with my Xanax dose. I’m

Currently at .5 mg at night was on 1 mg at night I also have terrible upper abdominal pain like in my ribs.

I have dealt with twitches even before I was on ativan,  and they started up again as I have been tapering. For me, they've been an electrolyte imbalance. It seems difficult to tell which one, though.  If you look online, almost any of them cam cause it. I've had luck increasing my sodium and potassium. An electrolyte drink that includes the big 4 may help (sodium, potassium,  magnesium,  chloride). I also try to make sure I have enough calcium in my diet.

I get the muscle jerks, twitches, heart palpitations, and severe upper neck, back, and head pain.

It always happens in withdrawal. Usually the twitches start first, then the muscle pain.

It is very common, but I know what it is from. I have been there so many times.

It will pass, though.

Dana

When I was tapering too quickly, I experienced awful muscle spasms and terrible muscle pain! Once I stabilized though and then began to taper more slowly all of the muscle issues resolved. Hang in there, as those awful symptoms will not last forever!