Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

does anyone get adrenalin surgers/panic/fight/flight from talking to people?

[ni...]

Sometimes I do.  I have social anxiety disorder & social OCD.  That's the reason I'm on medication. BTW, I don't think you're going crazy.

I used to have it, but as the fear is diminishing, that is going away too. I also learn myself coping techniques.

If I don't want to talk to people, I don't talk to people. I'm putting myself first. Usually I think about others first, but I need to get healthy.

Never had real social anxiety before all this I believe. I had just had a problem talking to some girls, but every guy has that at some point I believe.

Anyway, it's all fear fear fear, and if the fear goes away, it will be okay. Just my thoughts.

When I feel good I just talk to people, when I don't feel good I don't.

What also helped for me was realizing that I'm not less than anybody else and that I have nothing to be ashamed about.

I'm only around people who want best for me. If you don't like me, I think: 'f*** off, life is too short to be around people I don't like.' I live my life for myself and the people I care about.

If I see people staring at me, I think to myself: 'so what let them stare. There is nothing special about me. There are 6 milliard people on this planet. Everybody is busy doing their own thing.' or sometimes I even think ' f*** off, the problem is with you, not with me, if somebody is really staring at me.'

If I'm running through the park where there a lot of people I just sometimes close my eyes behind my sunglasses so I don't even notice them staring.

And one point when all the fear is gone, I won't even notice all those things anymore.

If people would try to bully me or be hateful to me I just feel sorry for them that my presence is affecting their life so much.

And I realised that not everybody is out to get me, we can't all like eachother on this planet, but there lots of good people around.

I don't know if any of this helps

My basic strategy is just trying to stay away from people, till I'm all better. I'm easily overstimulated. I focus on positivity and surround myself with only nice people.

If someone is nasty to me here, I usually just leave for a while. I still get those adrenaline surges you are talking about when that happens.

It keeps getting better however.