Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Summary of my benzodiazepine journey

[Li...]

I was prescribed diazepam when I was 20 years old (now I have 35), every year I was worst but doctors just give me more and more drugs. Eight years after I realize that my problem was the benzodiazepine, so I did a lot of research, I even learned English to be able to know more (I'm Spanish), I where in support groups, be helped and helped other members. I made mistakes at first because of my ignorance but when I knew enough I did a taper and that was one and a half year. It was very struggling but I did it. Every year since then I have less waves and symptoms, but they are still there. Now I'm in a wave and I feel so alone and misunderstood, I think I need to be understood.

Hello Libertad, welcome to Benzobuddies,

You did an amazing job of educating yourself to find freedom from these terrible drugs, congratulations!  I hate that you're still dealing with symptoms but its so common, we understand what you're going through and the frustration you feel at not being healed yet.

Those waves are awful, its so unfair that we never seem to know how we're going to feel, its makes it so hard to plan anything or even live our lives.  I hope we can help you to feel less alone, you're among friends here.

I'll provide a couple of links to help you get started but be sure to ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support