Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please please help

[Pe...]

I don’t know what to do anymore. The suffering is horrible. The worst part is the severe depression and the migraines I am having. I can’t get pleasure out of simple things. No joy, that’s for sure. I feel hopeless. I am tapering slowly. I started Jan 20, getting off 1.5 mg clonazepam. I’m at about 1.1 mg now. My family is supportive, but they don’t know how horrendous it is. I guess you can’t unless you have been there. I don’t feel like myself. How did I get here? It’s a nightmare I can’t wake up from. I walk every day, force myself to eat, see my doctor and psychologists etc. I’ve tried many many things. I get the odd small window- no rhyme or reason. Is there any hope? I read the success stories and can’t believe that will ever be me.

I know how you feel! I haven't felt any pleasure since 2005. I'm used to that now, and it's the least of my worries.

It does get better! You will get there too, just like everybody else  :)

Just hang in there a little longer!

What is your diet like? I  finding that avoiding any source of msg (which is under many names) and opting for a very simple diet is helping. Helps keep the glutamate slightly lower. I am so sorry you are struggling. I am too, but slowing my taper seems to be helping

I think it was too fast the whole way.

No pleasure since 2005? I don’t think I can live like that.

I'll take the 'no pleasure' over the 'extreme terror panic attacks with no end in sight' any day of the week  :laugh:

I know the feeling of being in a nightmare you can't wake up from. I had the same feeling the first time I withdrew off meds. Eventually all the symptoms I was struggling with did go away, but it does take time. Whenever I felt overwhelmed it usually meant I was tapering too fast. Support from family is definitely important. If you need more support from people who understand maybe consider asking your doctor about or looking for some kind of support or recovery groups in your area. I know it’s difficult when depression makes you want to isolate, but for me it got bad enough that I didn’t feel I had other options and it helped me get through the worst of it.

The hardest word in the human language  "help"  The crisis lines might be sick of me but talking to someone has saved me many times.  Dark clouds all have blue sky behind them and all cloud move. Stay strong, love and light.