Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feels like there is an ice pick wiggling in my brain

[Sn...]

I have been asking a lot of questions the last few days, I hope people don't mind. It also part of my nature, I want to know everything.

Since November I have been having a sqeeuzing brain with lots of pressure. Like there is an ice pick in it trying to repair the damage. Or like something is scratching the back of my eyeball.

I'm having it right now. This time all over the left side of my brain.

This is just the brain healing right? I keep telling myself that. Usually after a brain ice picking session period is over, I feel better.

So all kind of brain sensations often occur, especially the feelings of electric shocks or red hot pokers being pushed into your head. for me intensities come and go. the brain is amazing and capable of healing, like when i learnt to rollerblade new pathways have to form.. hang in there. The biggest mistake I made was to tell my psch the pain was too bad so he put me on opiates, three months later I am addicted to opiates and still get the head shocks.  If you can ride them out when I got clean for a few years they disappeared eventually  (pretty much) it is stupid simple but drinking lots of water helps, maybe think of it as fuel to help your brain do its mending. good luck

It always amazes me how members can find new ways to describe what they're feeling and there is always someone who can relate.  An ice pick in your brain, just the image of that is terrifying!