Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Using the CIWA-B - Please help!

[re...]

Hello y'all,

I am tapering Xanax. Currently I am at 3.5 mg per day, 2 doses (2.5 night, 1 mg morning). I plan on cutting to 3.25 (around 7.5%) on Monday. I have some symptoms but quite manageable. (Yesterday evening right before my dose self-measured 17/80 on CIWA-B).

I have printed out several copies of the CIWA-B as people have encouraged me to self-monitor my withdrawal symptoms. I am looking for advice on how and when to use it (e.g., the day after a cut vs. 2 days after, once a week vs. multiple times a week, etc.).

Also interested in how to interpret the results, e.g., if symptoms are mild stick with cut and move forward, what to do if they're moderate, etc.??...

Also--when are the symptoms worst after a cut? My guess would be 2-3 days out but I don't have any info backing that up.

So many questions! As I was looking at my .75 mg dose this morning I thought "You are so little and yet so powerful..." LOL.

Anyway, THANK YOU for any help you can provide!!

RTMF