Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tolerance withdrawal diazepam - advice and help - urgent

[Mi...]

Is there anyone who has reached tolerance withdrawal with diazepam?

Current symptoms include - upset stomach, little sleep, ruminating, no concentration, Agoraphobia, little appetite and SI. I cannot seem to stabilise.

I am currently on 16mg and desperately need help.

Are there people on here who have managed to come off from here in this position?

I need hope please

Thank you

Hi MP, I can honestly say I felt very grim all the way through my taper. I gave up any hope of stabilising. I accepted this because I had been on the drug for so long.

I could not have got through that period without a lot of support and I’m hoping there are people around you who can give you that now.

Have you told your family how desperate you are feeling? If not, now is the time. They don’t need to understand anything about tapering or tolerance, just that you are feeling as bad as you are. Anyone would need support if feeling like this and you have every right to request it.

Hardy x

Hi MP, I can honestly say I felt very grim all the way through my taper. I gave up any hope of stabilising. I accepted this because I had been on the drug for so long.

I could not have got through that period without a lot of support and I’m hoping there are people around you who can give you that now.

Have you told your family how desperate you are feeling? If not, now is the time. They don’t need to understand anything about tapering or tolerance, just that you are feeling as bad as you are. Anyone would need support if feeling like this and you have every right to request it.

Hardy x

Thank you Hardy. My family don’t understand. They are starting to imply other mental health issues.

Without being rude - how grim was grim. Like my explanation above? X

It doesn’t matter why these feeling are there, they are there and you need reassurance that they will pass.

They will pass.

How did you taper down? Did you taper regardless of symptoms? I cannot see this hold making a difference.