Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nausesa in Xanax/Valium w/ds

Am on Day 36 off. Apart from morning anxiety which tends to disappear in the afternoon, I am still suffering from terrible waves of nausea throughout the day.  I have been told this is very unusual.  Can anyone put my mind at rest and advise if they had this too or is it a cause for concern??

Thanks

Am on Day 36 off. Apart from morning anxiety which tends to disappear in the afternoon, I am still suffering from terrible waves of nausea throughout the day.  I have been told this is very unusual.  Can anyone put my mind at rest and advise if they had this too or is it a cause for concern??

Thanks

I'm so sorry that you are still suffering from nausea. I don't know what is causing it but would like to tell you my own experience. I was on Paxil and suffered from nausea in the beginning of my wean and it went away. While I was slowly weaning off my last 10 mg, the nausea returned with a vengeance. I started to look up side effects of my other medications and discovered that a fluid pill I was taking could cause the same thing. My doctor and I decided that I should go off it and the nausea went with it.

Ginger tea helps with nausea also crystallized ginger and ginger tea. I hope that it will go for you soon.

Frannie

I'm glad you are going to see your doctor.  It never hurts to have something like this checked out.

Try not to worry - it could be something simple like a change in diet.  Let us know what you find out, and as Frannie mentioned, ginger can be calming and soothing.  Ginger ale has helped me with nausea in the past. :)

I had horrible nausea during the last year or so while I was on benzos and for the first two months after detox.  My weight was already extremely low so this was a major issue in that respect too.  My sister told me about a non-drug way to alleviate nausea she used during pregnancy called 'Sea Bands.'  You can get them at any drug store, just ask the Pharmacist where they are.  I was skeptical but tried them.  Wow, I couldn't believe how well they worked.  I hope this helps, I can TOTALLY relate to what your going through!

Thanks so much Perseverance. Sorry to hear you had nausea too but glad to hear there's nothing wrong with me. Not sure if I can get those in Spain but going to ask someone to bring them over from the UK.  Have just popped into a Health Shop and bought Ginger Root 400mg capsules. He told me to take 3 times a day. I just took 2 and it has completely got rid of the nausea for now so thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Angel, I'm so happy that the ginger root worked for you. I hope it will go away and not come back. I think WD is all over the place, some days I'm down, depressed, exhausted and then today, I'm fine.  :)

Frannie