Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is 10 months a long time to still have these issues?

[Al...]

It doesn’t seem like many have the same issues as me. Although I’m doing much better I still always have a weird head sensation. It’s like my brain or head is always slightly shaking or vibrating. I get occasional breaks but I still have a lot of scalp tension and head pressure. I feel a slight sense of agitation and irritability which I can distract myself from. I also still get this feeling often of overstimulation, like I can’t handle too much or my head hurts and I need quiet. I feel like this is just permanent now because it’s been so long. Will this all really go away or do some people have permanent damage? 10 months seems like a long time to still be dealing with this.

10 months is probably where I literally was at my very worst aside form the initial acute - so you're "normal". It is a journey to heal from this stuff. Its not horrendous the whole time, but you'll prob be sensitive and be battling some symptoms for awhile yet. Not trying to discourage you - just being honest. focus on what you can do and be patient with the rest.

I'm a far cry from where I used to be so don't give up ok?:)

Hi Al-pal, what u described is all normal…

I am 18 months off and still deal with intermittent head pressure, lightheaded, agitation, head or chest vibrations/tremors, anxiety attacks, palpitations…

Hang in there, they slowly become milder and milder… still waiting for everyday to be symptom free…

Karla