Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ct after 25 years

[on...]

I am joining benzo buddies because I desperately need help.  .5 Klonopin for at least 25 years. Was c’td by doctor 5 weeks ago because I was in such horrible tolerance. He thought I would be better to just get off. Would not listen to my pleas for slow taper.  So far very intense anxiety and no sleep.  Very worried about what is coming my way.  To make matters worse, I believe the tiny dose of Remeron which I have take for about 4 years, is giving me issues. I am so scared by all of this.  Would appreciate any help anybody can lend.  Thank you!

Hello oneofthree, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm so sorry to hear you were made to quit cold turkey after so many years on the drug, I know how miserable you are but you will get through this, it's possible to recover from a cold turkey.  Its possible the Remeron is contributing to your condition but if I were you I'd put my money on the bulk of your misery being the benzo, you didn't say which one you were on.  A word of advice, I feel it would be better to leave your Remeron dose as is for now until you recover from this.

I quit cold turkey too as have many of our members and we can help you get through this by helping you learn more about what's happened to you, this will hopefully lessen your fear.  I'll provide some links to get you started but please ask questions, we're here to help you.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Hello oneofthree, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm so sorry to hear you were made to quit cold turkey after so many years on the drug, I know how miserable you are but you will get through this, it's possible to recover from a cold turkey.  Its possible the Remeron is contributing to your condition but if I were you I'd put my money on the bulk of your misery being the benzo, you didn't say which one you were on.  A word of advice, I feel it would be better to leave your Remeron dose as is for now until you recover from this.

I quit cold turkey too as have many of our members and we can help you get through this by helping you learn more about what's happened to you, this will hopefully lessen your fear.  I'll provide some links to get you started but please ask questions, we're here to help you.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Thanks for filling out your signature, that helps us help you.  You're among friends, its difficult for anyone who hasn't been through this to understand what a nightmare this is.