Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling naughty for having a few drinks...

[Bi...]

Hello, I have only just signed up and this is my first post... I am 3 months off of my taper (which I did following the Ashton method) and went for a meal with some friends last night, but let myself have a drink with it, even though I am in a wave with terrible DP DR. I then got carried away and ended up having 5 drinks which even in the moment I knew had hit me far harder than I needed it too... I am now beating myself up as I feel even worse today and feel like my wave is a lot worse, so am going to try and stop myself from having another drink now until I am fully over withdrawal. I just find it so tricky as I want to join in with those around me, but now I am so angry at myself for letting myself get so carried away  :idiot:

Apologies - didn't mean to make a fuss, and am now making myself stop drinking as I had one night getting carried away. Just really beating myself up for it, so trying to remind myself not too fixate on it.

Don't beat yourself up over it!  It has happened to many of us, especially me!  You are doing good now and ready to move on from it, have learned from it.  I learned the hard way from having a glass of wine with my husband a few weeks ago.  No worries!  Try to move forward and focus on all of the positive things you are doing daily!! 

Hugs to you!!!!

Ah thank you cooper5 - and sending hugs back! It means a lot to remember I'm not the only one and trying to keep myself focused on the positives, I am healing and pushing through it, even if it is slowly!

Thank you

No judgement here Biddy Bee.  When we're trapped in one of these horrendous waves, most of us will do anything to make it go away, if only for a little while.  If a little nip helps, so be it.  That's not to be confused with 7 or 8 nips or anything which will make the next day one of the worst ever.  How that impacts long term taper success, I have no idea whatsoever.

Enufalready2021 - thank you, that made me feel better too. I do need to look at it that way, I am moving past it and getting on with looking after myself despite how hard it is some days and am very grateful for sharing time with so many people who really understand how difficult it can be!