Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

The beginning of removing the cloud

[Al...]

I have been taking 1 mg of Larozapam per day for the last 8 months and this started after experiencing severe panic/anxiety attacks out of the blue.I definitely feel dependant on the drug and can’t function without it…I would like to start reducing and tapering off the drug but I’m scared that I won’t copy physically or mentally

Hello Always hope,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined the community!  You aren't alone in your fears about benzo withdrawl and living life without them but you might surprise yourself.  When I began my taper I started it with a 'let's see how this goes' attitude - I definitely did not commit to tapering completely off.  But as I tapered, it turned out not to be the big monster for me that I imagined.  Yes, it was hard but I found it wasn't impossible.

We suggest a slow taper from benzos with reductions in the 5-10% of your dose range every two weeks or so based on the Ashton Manual.  I've put some links below to get you started.  Let us know if you need help of have quesitons.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)