Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who shares my pain ???

[Oc...]

Month 17 and still groin pain into hips and butt and now inner thighs also 😞 standing up actually hurts less that sitting down !

Anyone else sharing these exact symptoms? I remember a couple that do ?! Anyone else ?

Oceandude,

We have posted to each other before and your symptoms seem to be very similar to mine.

"Standing up actually hurts less that sitting down" - same with me.  Actually lying flat is the worst for me.  When I wake up in the mornings I am forced to get up as I am so uncomfortable.

At nearly 21 months off leg, buttock, abdomen and lower back pain continue to be my main symptom.  Over this past several months I have also had a lot more of a burning/stinging/buzzing sensation in those same areas.  Although very uncomfortable and distracting, this sensation is not as brutally painful as before and I am taking this as a good sign that maybe I am coming out of this horror story.  Only time will tell. 

Still getting nasty waves but they do not seem to be quite as severe and do not last as long as before. 

Gentle swimming continues to help.

Hope we all see some serious relief very soon.

Yes my friend hope you are well considering! I can’t exercise still swimming would be so painful!! The groin is so bad !! But my head is clearer so something is getting better, I know you CT but I was on 15 years so changing back to normal is obviously taking it’s time , hopefully it’s happening though, at least I’m not alone

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, exercise can be very painful but there are days when I can barely move and I force myself to go to the pool.  After 30-45 mins of just gentle floating and light swimming I can come out of that pool a different person.  If possible, I would highly recommend that you give it a try.  I would be really interested to see if it also worked for you.

Take care.

Also keep in touch mate ! Let’s monitor our progress as we are so similar in symptoms at this point

Yeah, a jacuzzi is also amazing.  Can give me instant (and I mean instant) relief.

Good idea to keep in touch and see how each other is doing.

[40...]

Hi Oceandude and flyfisher,

I am in your group!

Pain as described to a T.  Mine has a definite circadian cycle always easing in the afternoon but returning once in bed.

Would like to monitor progress with you two.......here's hoping time will be on our side.

SS24

Month 17 and still groin pain into hips and butt and now inner thighs also 😞 standing up actually hurts less that sitting down !

Anyone else sharing these exact symptoms? I remember a couple that do ?! Anyone else ?

At 20 months off, I am feeling the same as you. Pain and stiffness. I will try to increase exercise and stretching. The cold weather is not helping me at all.

Are you guys able to drive ? Mine is also really bad around the bottom of the pubic bone so any bumps can cause agony and an uptick in symptoms for a few weeks ?! You guys have that also ?

Thanks for all your reply’s also

I can drive but some days are much better than others.  Yeah, bumps on the road can be very painful.

The best time for me to drive is just after I have left the swimming pool.

Are you guys able to drive ? Mine is also really bad around the bottom of the pubic bone so any bumps can cause agony and an uptick in symptoms for a few weeks ?! You guys have that also ?

Thanks for all your reply’s also

I feel pain all day but keep pushing and doing all normal activities, including driving. Are you eating sugar and processed foods?

No I eat quite good really, I can’t drive far, one bad bump and I’m in agony for a few weeks, do you eat well ? I do have some things now and again like a slice of cake but I’m generally good k with food so long as it’s not a BAD food like crisps or Diet Coke, normal sugar I’m ok with

No I eat quite good really, I can’t drive far, one bad bump and I’m in agony for a few weeks, do you eat well ? I do have some things now and again like a slice of cake but I’m generally good k with food so long as it’s not a BAD food like crisps or Diet Coke, normal sugar I’m ok with

I am doing GAPS diet since the last months of my taper. HUGE improvements, including less pain.

Do you think you may have pain originating around your sacroiliac joint and/or sacral nerve?

Liz

I had never looked that up but YES the butt pain especially when set off is in that location but the groin and pelvic pain is frontal underneath and definitely related more to my right than left? I’m not sure which nerves supply that area

Do you think you may have pain originating around your sacroiliac joint and/or sacral nerve?

Liz

I had never looked that up but YES the butt pain especially when set off is in that location but the groin and pelvic pain is frontal underneath and definitely related more to my right than left? I’m not sure which nerves supply that area

Have you done an MRI? I did and ALL my lumbar vertebrae were injured.  Not directly related to benzo wd, but I suspect injuries worsened during my years of benzo use as I was not feeling pain and the early signs of my body asking for help.

Anyone else lost crazy flexibility? I can’t sit with my legs apart like a yoga pose, it feels like the adductors will snap if I do ?