Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Time to go

[el...]

Hi all,

After a long period of consideration, I've decided to step down as administrator. It's time for me. I have lots of wonderful things happening in my 'real' life, and I just can't seem to find the time to be here as much as I should. A few months ago, I wouldn't have been comfortable leaving Colin in the lurch, but Pamster has done such an amazing job as my co-admin I feel really good about letting her take over. We also have a great team in place, with more positive changes to come!

I started out on the Benzo Buddie team in late 2007. That's a long time! I've made some incredibly close connections here that I will nurture and treasure the rest of my life. 

I'm not leaving BB. I'll still be on the team, just in a much less active role. I may even have more time to socialize! I'll remain admin for the short term, to help and support Pam and the team if they need me during this transition. 

Thanks, my Buddies. Thanks Pammy and the whole team. I love you guys.  :mybuddy:

Thanks Col....It's been a gas.  :D

Thankyou for all your hard work and the work you will be doing at a lesser capacity.  Pam is great, you left it in good hands!

[79...]

Eljay,

Thank you for everything you have done, all your hard work, dedication, and compassion.

I HOPE you stay around. We would be lost without you.  :mybuddy:

Pam is very compassionate, devoted, and very very helpful to the forum.

Thanks, and I agree that we're all safe here in Pam's hands :)

I'm happy that you have many positive things going on within your life, and many many more to come!

Thanks for your help.

S#

Dearest eljay,

It's been my pleasure to work with and learn from you, thank you for all of your help and guidance.  You've given of yourself to this forum for so long and helped many people, your legacy will continue long after you step down as administrator.  These pages are filled with your compassion and wisdom, BenzoBuddies owes you a debt of gratitude.  Thank you for your vote of confidence, but I'm glad you won't be going too far, I'm sure I'll still need your counsel from time to time.  :mybuddy:

Pam

Dearest eljay.  :smitten:

I am so glad to hear about the "wonderful things" happening in your life.  You deserve all that and more.  When I became a moderator, you were the one I learned from and tried to emulate.  You'be been a wonderful teacher, mentor and friend.  I'll still look forward to you stopping by from time to time and letting us know how you are doing.  See you later.  ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/CAO969XE-vi.gif

Eljay, thanks for your help here, your service was invaluable. I know you've helped hundreds (I'm sure thousands) of sick and scared souls looking for answers, and you where there. You deserve all good things coming your way...

I hope to see you around the forum now and again, don't be a stranger  :pokey:

Star

Eljay , thanks for being there during one of the darkest times in my life.  Without you , Colin , Pamster and people like you, forums like this one wouldn't exist ,and many people in need of help would continue to be lost.  Thanks again and enjoy all the good things in your life.

st

Thank you for all that you have done Eljay. When I was feeling my worst and using the search function I ran into many of your posts that were helpful and reassuring, especially the ones about your loss of appetite during early withdrawal.  You have had such a positive, timeless impact on this site.  I am glad you will be staying around.  I didn't find this site until so late into my benzo journey and I never quite had too many opportunities to get acquainted.

At first I thought this would be a somewhat doleful thread but after reading your post I find it rather uplifting.  I hope you can further enjoy your offline life now without worries and I also hope that you make good on your words about staying around  :thumbsup:

Crono

My Peeps! :socool: Perhaps we brushed paths in a previous life. ??? Perhaps I just admire your heart and soul. :smitten: Perhaps we just find laughter and comfort in the strangest places. >:D But I like to think that there are no accidents in life. ;D:mybuddy: This "perhaps" had a purpose and the gift we all got was you. :smitten:

You know how spacial :sneaky: you are to me. ;);D:mybuddy:

Rock on my sista. 8)

Eljay, you were so helpful in my times of need and I can't say enough about your compassion and integrity.  You have been a blessing to this forum.  Thank you so very, very much.  May life be very good to you.

Love,

Patty  xoxo

I'm so happy for you! You have given so much and now it's your turn to reap the rewards!  :clap:

Congratulations on all the wonderful changes in your life!

Keep in touch!  :smitten:

eljay,

Wherever you go...no matter what you do,

may a helping hand...

always be waiting for you.

Best regards,

pj..... :)

There are not enough words in the dictionary to express how much I appreciate you!

You helped me long ago when I thought I was dying from benzo withdrawal, and here I am - not dying but living life again.

There really are not enough words....

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dear Eljay (Jayski  ;) ) I'm happy for you too and will miss seeing the Admin title by your name but, will completely enjoy each contact with you despite any ole title.  :-*

Thankyou for being my friend through good and bad no matter the time of day or difficulty in your own life you have always been there for me and I love ya way more then words can ever say.

Always,

Jan 

:mybuddy:

You can put on your boogie shoes.  ;)http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n553/MiniRocky/thdiscosmiley.gif

Hi Eljay, I'm glad to hear that good things are happening in your life. Thank you for the warm welcome when I arrived here and I will be reading your posts when I need some help. Pam, had been wonderful to me and helped me get on the right path and even gave me a kick in the pants when I asked for it.  :laugh: I so admire what you people do to help others, you are so unselfish.

Frannie

Eljay, I'm still only an infrequent member, but already I have come to appreciate the work done by mods such as yourself.

Best wishes for the future!

Hi Eljay:

I'm sad to see you go, but happy and excited to hear about things going well in your life.  You've worked very hard here, helping many people.  You're very deserving of this transition.  Thanks for your kindness!!  :smitten:

Draftsman

This is a wonderful site.  The policies and overseeing of it insists that an "eye be kept on the prize,"  i.e. truly helping people with benzo issues, and not a place for all kinds of foolishness.  You have been in charge, so hope you feel proud.

Pam is terrific and will do a fine job, I believe.  Thanks Colin for your efforts.

Hi Eljay!!

I'm very sad to see you go, but also very happy for you.

I've enjoyed being on the team with you my friend.

I'm going to miss you!!

:smitten:

Chris

Eljay,

I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss you around here  :smitten:

Thanks for always being there for me, and thank you for being such an amazing buddie to so many here at BB. 

:smitten:

No one (myself included) has given more in managing BenzoBuddies than eljay. Not only has eljay managed the forum and team, helped innumerable numbers of members (and, no doubt guests) with their tapers and withdrawal problems, but she has also supplied me with endless great counsel in the trickiest of situations.

Thank you, eljay - you've been fantastic. :-*