Added temezepam into diazepam taper - help please

[Mi...]

Was on 10mg temezepam and 11mg diazepam. Thought would put them together as one benzo. Did a 2 step cross over. Felt okay doing it but now out I feel sedated and incredibly down. Any thoughts please?

I have also started on the progesterone patch of my HRT.

Thank you

Diazepam makes you feel incredibly tired/sedated when you first start taking  a large dose When I started on my 15 mgs (crossed over from Ativan) I could hardly walk I felt so sedated. But it passed . . .  in a couple of weeks. Longer than I wanted, but it did pass.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Did you hold there for several weeks?

Did it make you feel down?

Thank you

Diazepam makes you feel incredibly tired/sedated when you first start taking  a large dose When I started on my 15 mgs (crossed over from Ativan) I could hardly walk I felt so sedated. But it passed . . .  in a couple of weeks. Longer than I wanted, but it did pass.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I did hold following my c/o. For 2-3 weeks as I recall. Then I started my taper because I  felt way less sedated and able to start tapering. I would have held longer if I had felt worse. Did it make me feel "down" as in depressed? Not that I can recall. I felt a little pi**ed and aggravated that the drug was affecting me like this and I couldn't go about my business without falling over my feet.  It seems to affect different people differently, but everyone seems to feel "sedated" to various degrees.

Best,

Katz

Thank you Katz

I am so worried that I might have messed stuff up by combining them. I had very little sleep last night as felt as anxious and I cant stop talking about how low I feel.

I was fine on the crossover (which took 2 weeks) then I have been slammed with this sedated and low mood.

I did hold following my c/o. For 2-3 weeks as I recall. Then I started my taper because I  felt way less sedated and able to start tapering. I would have held longer if I had felt worse. Did it make me feel "down" as in depressed? Not that I can recall. I felt a little pi**ed and aggravated that the drug was affecting me like this and I couldn't go about my business without falling over my feet.  It seems to affect different people differently, but everyone seems to feel "sedated" to various degrees.

Best,

Katz

The sedation and low mood you're describing is something I've heard a lot of people say when they cross over to Valium. I think it's pretty common and don't think you messed anything up. Like Katz said hopefully it will pass soon once your body is more used to the Valium.

Thank you jelly baby.

I have also lost my sleep.

Not sure if it is stress/low mood or taking the temezepam away. I am incredibly anxious about everything.

The sedation and low mood you're describing is something I've heard a lot of people say when they cross over to Valium. I think it's pretty common and don't think you messed anything up. Like Katz said hopefully it will pass soon once your body is more used to the Valium.