Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Post taper new member

[mp...]

Hello all,

I'm in my 30s and currently 3 months off a 3 month taper from ~6 month daily use of Klonopin/Xanax (started with Xanax, switched to Klonopin, back to Xanax thinking I wanted to avoid dependency while I was unknowingly still hooked, back to Klonopin for taper. I imagine this messed things up further).

In my early 20s I abused Xanax for years and somehow managed a cold turkey end. I also imagine this latest round has some kindling effect.

I'm still experiencing odds and ends of side effects. I thought it was over a few months ago but the past few weeks I've been experiencing off CNS symptoms and I got scared. Thank you to everyone who has posted and helped me confirm I am where I should be physically.

I am grateful every day that I got through this, tapering off was the scariest thing I've ever done. Also grateful this forum exists.

Thank you.

Hello mph33, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free and so knowledgeable about your current situation, its so frustrating that our recovery isn't linear, it makes us think we've got something else wrong with us when it's just the typical waxing and waning of symptoms.

I hope we can help reassure you that what you're going through is normal because we know how scary and painful this is, not many can understand except those who have gone through it.  I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery