Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Memory issues when mood shifts

[We...]

I dont feel connected to myself after waves or windows shift. Thats why i have no connection and memory to how i felt for example 2 weeks ago. It seems like distant past and i have no idea how i felt. That makes problems regarding knowing when did I last had window or wave.

That also makes memory problems. For example everything seems as a distant past to me. If I go on holiday for 3 weeks, i dont have feeling I am resting because I dont have feeling that i havent been doing anything yesterday and day before and so on. Because i am not connected to those days. And 3 weeks holiday passes in an eyeblink and i come back mentally tired as I was prior to holiday. Its not that i dont remember my days,i recall almost everything I did and where I went but i dont feel like it was me there. And becuse of that, those memories fade away quickly. Thats why i cant rest during holiday. Because i dont feel like its me who have been resting day after day. That makes me problems in tracking my recovery because i cant say if I am better now then i used to be i.e. 3 months ago because I dont even remember how i felt last week. I remember events that happened but i dont remember details and how i used to feel. Seasons and years past by me without me feeling them passing. I have a feeling one year passed as quickly as one week. Because there are no memories inside any of those periods.

But I am connected to myself during a course of a day. Its not until my mood shifts that I dont feel connected to yesterday. So every time i enter new wave/mood this happends. This makes so much problems regarding some things where i need to be consistent over a period of time. In example, my dogs vet told me to give my dogs some pills and track if he acts better in a course of 2 weeks. And after two weeks i have no bloody idea if he improved his mood or not. I dont even remember what the baseline of his mood used to be. So i have to write everything down. Or, I used to do my haircut every 2 weeks. And when the date for new haircut comes i have no idea if it passed 1 week or 2 weeks or 3 weeks... So i have to set a phone reminder to get a haircut. Is this some form of demetia? Am I gonna be stuck forever in this?

I couldn't connect to myself and this made it so I couldn't connect with others, I felt nothing.  This is really common and scary but it all goes away when we recover. 

Memory issues are common, I had to write everything down, and the one thing I wished I would have done is track my symptoms.  If I would have written them down and graded their severity I might have been able to see I was improving instead of believing the lies the drug kept telling me, that I was never going to recover.  Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted