Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

5 Months off of Klonopin

[se...]

Hey buddies. Today marks me being off of klonopin for 5 months. It has been a hard and long 5 months. My main healing symptoms have been the tingling in especially my head, body, heart palpitations, and sometimes burning in my arms and legs.

I have seen some improvement. Today I still have the tingling throughout my body, and it has lessened some. I do have ear ringing (right ear is what sent me down this path in the first place). Still way from feeling "normal".

I thought tapering for a year would help and I am sure it did. Looking back some things I would do differently for me, but I advise anyone to work with others who are more versed than me.

I dry cut micro tapered until about 0.121 mg then switched to whole milk titration. I did my calculations very detailed and would put 1 0.5 mg pill into whole milk and then remove 1 ml based on how I was feeling. That went well until about 0.063 mg even though I felt like I was acute all the time when I started getting some tingling in my head. But I kept going. I did hold a couple of times to let the cuts catch up. At around what I thought was 0.043 mg (with home brew liquid) I decided to jump as I could not get stable. With this approach you are never truly sure of dosage; it is all a experiment. I should have used Bob7's approach for me as that gives you more exact dosage in my opinion and walked off instead of jumping off.

Since I cannot change anything on my approach, I am focused on healing. Trying to learn my triggers. I stay away from anything that can spike my symptoms. (i.e. pizza the other night sent me into a tailspin.)

I hope all are doing the best you can and I hope for me and each and everyone of the community members who are tapering, tapered and are healing, and have healed much success in your endeavors.

I also hope the next time I post a celebration or a milestone I will continue to improve. I know there is no timetable on healing, just hope I keep going in the right direction.

best,

Seeking

Congratulations on 5 months! I'm sure the next 5 will see lots of improvement. Hopefully you're over the worst now.  :smitten: