Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Advice re last phase of clonazepam taper

[Op...]

Hi,

Over the past 3 years I have tapered from 2 mg clonazepam daily to 0.5 mg, using DLMT (milk) at .003 mg daily reduction.  At this slow rate I haven't noticed any problems.  I know the last 25% can be more difficult, and I'm thinking of using a compounding pharmacist to help me. Can anyone tell me if this is the best way to go, and if so how it works.

I'm wondering why if you've had a fairly uneventful taper you would consider changing it now?  Not all will have difficulty the lower they get and if what you've been doing has been working for you I'd stick with it.  There can be an adjustment period when going from pills to a compounded medication, some members have reported ingredients used that they suspect is not agreeing with them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd recommend compounding over homebrew any day but if this has been working for you, you might want to stick with it.  Great job of reducing your dose by he way!  :thumbsup:

I may be in the minority but I found that my taper got easier the lower in dose I got.  I tapered off 3mg/clonazepam a day and I had more significant withdrawl symptoms in the early days than I did later.  Like the others said, I would simply keep going by doing what you are currently doing.  If you run into problems you can always address them then.

Hi,

Over the past 3 years I have tapered from 2 mg clonazepam daily to 0.5 mg, using DLMT (milk) at .003 mg daily reduction.  At this slow rate I haven't noticed any problems.  I know the last 25% can be more difficult, and I'm thinking of using a compounding pharmacist to help me. Can anyone tell me if this is the best way to go, and if so how it works.

Optomistic -- how many ML are you using?  I use milk but went from 75ML to 100ML and found I'm constipated.  TMI I know. 

Thanks for your replies and advice.  I've been dissolving 0.5 mg clonazepam in 180 ml full fat milk, reducing my daily dose by 1 ml.