Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

[bo...]

HI MY NAME IS BOB AND I HAVE BEEN TAKING ATIVAN FOR ABOUT 17 YEARS NOW.  I TAKE 0.5 MG, BUT I WAS ON 2 MG. A DAY BEFORE.  I WISH ADVICE ON HOW TO STOP ATIVAN. 

Hi Bob and welcome to Benzo Buddies!

We would be more than happy to help you out with a taper plan from .5 mgs Ativan.

One of our beloved members, Beeper, was on Ativan and I'm sure she will be along soon to welcome you and tell you of her experience.

Please feel free to ask questions.  We will support and encourage you as you make your way to benzo freedom! :)

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, Bob.

As Missy said, I was on Ativan/lorazepam for nearly 20 years and tapered directly off of it in 2008.  After I got to 1.25mg/day, I cut my .5mg tablets into 1/4s and dropped .125mg about every 2 weeks until I was off.  Do you take your .5mg all at once or spaced out during the day?  Ativan is so short acting that interdose withdrawal symptoms are common when it is only taken 1/day. 

Welcome Bob,

Glad to see people giving you advice on Ativan tapering.  I was on it for about the whole 2nd half of the 20 years I was on benzos.  I ignorantly went to a Detox - BAD idea!  Wish I had had the advice you are getting.  Good luck, glad to have you with us!