Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Advice on last half of klonapin taper

[Nm...]

Hi there! ,

I have been slowly tapering off klonapin 0.5mg by making 10% cuts with liquid compound k  every 7-14 days depending on my symptoms. I had one pretty difficult taper when I  got down to 0.375 but the rest of the cuts have been fairly tolerable. I get mild chest tightness/anxiety from day 5 to day 9 give or take a few days. The first days it’s just in the afternoon then it peaks with mild-moderate anxiety for two or three days then I feel better by day 10-12. I am a couple tapers away from making it to 0.25mg and I am curious about how to proceed. I read in the Ashton manual that once you get to 5mg Valium aka 0.25mg klonapin that many can tolerate decreasing by 1mg Valium/ .05mg klonapin for the remaining tapers. I am wondering if anyone has experience or advise on this? I would like to get off as quickly as possible but I also would also  like to continue remaining functional as I am a new mom and back at work and also just want to enjoy my life as much as possible while managing this! Any advice welcomed! Thank you!

Congrats on motherhood!  Being a new mom and back at work makes it important to proceed with as much caution with the ending of you taper as you have all along.  I got impatient at the end of my taper which ended up being problematic.  I jumped too soon and I had to reinatate and taper over a longer period of time.

This isn't advice but I will tell you my experience.  I tapered the last 0.5mg of Klonopin by dropping 0.01mg per day for 50 days.  It was pretty smooth going for me.  I gave myself the option of holding if I needed to along the way but I didn't find it necessary.  I jumped after taking my last 0.01mg.  There is still healing and adjusting to be done for me after the taper was finished but it did feel good to be finished with that part of things.

Hopefully some others will be along to share their experience with you.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

How do you make the cuts from .5 tablet by 10 percent . Do you use a razor blade

Some members use razor blades or files to shave their dose into little piles to approximate a particular percentage, many are comfortable using this method, others prefer to be a bit more exact so they'll opt for titration, its all about what you're comfortable with.

This document explains some of the available processes we use.  Titration FAQ's