Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi I am travuz and I need help

[tr...]

I have tapered from .05mg to .025mg of Clonazepam and have been on that amount for 2 years. I have now gotten it compounded and want to see if this schedule is correct

Hi travuz and welcome :)

You will find a lot of support here.

Were you provided a taper schedule or did you want help with designing one for you? We are here to help, please ask any questions you have and we'll go from there.

Star

I would like to see if this makes sense as I am getting some nasty withdrawal symptoms.

this is what I was told. My math is horrible so I can't make sense of it.

0.025mg= 0.5ml = 1/10 Drop every 14 to 21 days

0.45ml

0.405ml

0.365ml

0.328ml

Does that sound do-able or is that to fast or to slow?

Thank you for the quick reply

You may not be able to avoid feeling some withdrawal symptoms, but maybe we can help try to keep them as manageable as possible. 

As a guideline, it's generally advised to decrease by 10% of your daily dose every 7 to 14 days. Everyone metabolizes the drug differently, but this is a good start.

Do you dose only once a day? 

You may not be able to avoid feeling some withdrawal symptoms, but maybe we can help try to keep them as manageable as possible. 

As a guideline, it's generally advised to decrease by 10% of your daily dose every 7 to 14 days. Everyone metabolizes the drug differently, but this is a good start.

Do you dose only once a day?   

Yes I take that poison during the night.

Last night was horrible. I was inundated with this buzzing in my ears and this electrical wave that ran throughout my body. It was quite disconcerting. I lay there and refused to panic. So I didn't go into full blown panic but it took a while to stop and I finally fell asleep again. But it did occur again later in the morning. Is there a reason that this mostly occurs during the night? I hate going to bed because of this.

I' so sorry that you hate going to bed at night.  I was the same way through much of my taper and like you, I just had to lie there and talk myself out of panic.

One of our team members, Sigma, is wonderful with math and titration schedules.

I'm sure he will be along soon to help you out and read over your current schedule. :)

We're glad to have you, and feel free to ask questions.

[21...]

I would like to see if this makes sense as I am getting some nasty withdrawal symptoms.

this is what I was told. My math is horrible so I can't make sense of it.

0.45ml

0.405ml

0.365ml

0.328ml

Does that sound do-able or is that to fast or to slow?

Thank you for the quick reply

0.45ml

0.405ml

0.365ml

0.328ml

Hello travuz,

0.025 mg = 0.5 ml

To convert ml to mg. multiply by 0.025 / 0.5 ml

0.45 ml x 0.025 mg / 0.5 ml = 0.0225 mg

Then you would do the same with the rest.

0.025 mg to 0.0225 mg is a 10% decrease

If you need any further help let me know. I would have to convert the ml to mg for you, which is easy.

I do agree with Star,

I don't think you will be able to avoid all withdrawal. BUT we can try to help keep them manageable.

Are you functioning?

Let me know if I can be more assistance to your titration schedule.

:thumbsup:

Sigma.

Thank you all for your quick reply.

Sigma0123 so far I am functioning. Scared but functioning. I try to cope with these sensations but sometimes I don't know if I will be able to keep this up. Most of the day I get this flushed feeling on my face and the band around my head, and this throbbing in my groin area that goes down to my feet. It takes time to get used to.

Thank you for showing me how to convert, but now you confused me even more.  So can you tell me if this schedule the pharmacist has written; is usable in this way. Is this properly set as 10% drops.

My other question concerns the oral syringes I was given by the pharmascist. It only lists the ml. So it starts at 1.0ml to 0.1ml.  He showed me how to read it but now I feel lost. Like I said I sucked at math and now that I am clanzepam infused, I am useless.  I didn't write it down becasue I thought I would remember.  Plus I am confused because these syringes have no imprinted lines.

I feel like a dummy but as long as the pharmascist calculations are properly done, where do I find  where . 0.45ml, 0.405ml, 0.365ml, 0.328ml on the syringe and then what comes after 0.328ml.  Is there an illustration of a syringe that I can download that has its ml imprint showing its corresponding number, so that I can properly read it as I make a drop and so I can check off previous ml's? I am writing it down but I am afraid one day I will mess up and forget where I am.

Then should I consider buying another type of oral syringe since these were freebies? Are these accurate enough or do I need more accurate syringes?  All I remember him saying is that I could just go halfway between say .5 and .4ml and that should be close to the .45 and then continue halfway between each drop because there is noway to be that accurate.  

BTW. They are the standard disposable pharmasystem oral syringe.

[21...]

travuz,

Thank you for showing me how to convert, but now you confused me even more.  So can you tell me if this schedule the pharmacist has written; is usable in this way. Is this properly set as 10% drops.

This is how I worked each dose out for you-

1)

( 0.45ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.45 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.0225 mg  10% drop.

2)

( 0.405ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.405 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.02025 mg  10% drop.

3)

( 0.365ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.365 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.01825 mg  9.8765% round off 10% drop.

4)

( 0.328ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.328 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.0164 mg   10.137% round off 10% drop.

Edit: Note:

The reason I did it by 0.5 ml is to cancel out the unit ml with ml.

It's all good and 10% drops, yes.

I feel like a dummy but as long as the pharmascist calculations are properly done, where do I find  where . 0.45ml, 0.405ml, 0.365ml, 0.328ml on the syringe and then what comes after 0.328ml.  Is there an illustration of a syringe that I can download that has its ml imprint showing its corresponding number, so that I can properly read it as I make a drop and so I can check off previous ml's? I am writing it down but I am afraid one day I will mess up and forget where I am.

I will try to find you one, travuz.

The Math is correct, they are 10% drops. You're good to go there.

You will need a syringe you can measure accurate cuts.

I hope this helps. I will try to find an illustration for you.

S#

Thank you so much Sigma0123.

I have been sitting here biting my nails because I am so worried about this. For some reason this thought came up that maybe the pharmacist screwed up the math and right after that my imagination went wild.

I will go out tomorrow and will try to find a more accurate syringe. Maybe I can get my pharmacist to illustrate each cut on a piece of paper so that I will have a way to compare one the syringe.  I have looked all over the net but I can't find an drawing or visual aid so that I can look and compare while cutting.

Again thank you. I sincerly appreciate this.  

Thank you all for your support and much needed advice and assistance.  I am alone right now so each time I take this now makes me feel vulnerable and defenseless.  Just thinking I might mess this up scares me to no end. I ended up in a the psyche ward for going c/t.  I never want to see that place again. 

[21...]

You're very welcome.

You can talk to your pharmacist about the syringe.

You are good to go  :thumbsup:

Sigma.

travuz, know that you're not alone.

Lots of buddies are here for you and we know how this feels. You can get through this, many have, many will, and you will too.  

:mybuddy:

Thank you Sigma0123 and star104 for both your help and your kind welcome. You are surely saints

I have my latest cut and if Sigma0123 would be so kind as to check the math I would be very greatful. I am trying to be as careful as possible about this and trying to come to terms with the fact that there will be suffering regardless of my precautions

0.45ml

0.405ml

0.365ml

0.328ml <- this is where we left off and Sigma123 approved.

Below is the rest of the math that I was given by my pharmacist. He rounded everthing off because he said there is no way to precisely measure this amount on any syringe unless I had a specific type used by a chemist. He called it a piper or a pipper ... not sure what it was named. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the math. Could you please leave it in ml. And, when I use the syringe ... do the cuts I make have to be exactly, say .365 or can they be rounded it off to .37? If I have to be exact to the very last number ... I might as well give up now cuz there is noway I will be capable and cog fog is my best friend right now ... noway I will remember all this. I am sure to screw up and that has become my new name from when I started taking this deadly brew. Thank you for all your help.

0.29 or 0.3ml

0.27ml

0.24ml

0.22ml

0.19 or 0.2ml

0.17ml

0.15ml

0.13ml

0.12ml

0.11ml

[21...]
Below is the rest of the math that I was given by my pharmacist. He rounded everthing off because he said there is no way to precisely measure this amount on any syringe unless I had a specific type used by a chemist. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the math or if I could indeed do this by syringe. Could you please leave it in ml. And, when I used the syringe ... do the cuts I make have to be exactly say .365 or can they be rounded it off ot .37? If I have to be right to the number ... I might as well give up now cuz there is noway I will be capable and cog fog is my best friend right now ... no way I will remember all this. Thank you for your help.

0.29 or 0.3ml

0.27ml

0.24ml

0.22ml

0.19 or 0.2ml

0.17ml

0.15ml

0.13ml

0.12ml

0.11ml

Below is the rest of the math that I was given by my pharmacist. He rounded everthing off because he said there is no way to precisely measure this amount on any syringe unless I had a specific type used by a chemist.

That is correct. It would have to be rounded off.

0.29 or 0.3ml

0.27ml - 10% drop.

0.24ml - 11.1111% drop, rounding off to 11%.

0.22ml - 8.3333% drop, rounding off to 8%.

0.19 or 0.2ml - 13.6364% drop, rounding off to 14%.

0.17ml - 10.5263% drop, rounding off to 11%.

0.15ml - 11.7647% drop, rounding off to 12%.

0.13ml - 13.3333% drop, rounding off to 13%.

0.12ml - 7.6923% drop, rounding off to 8%

0.11ml - 8.3333% drop, rounding off to 8%

So,

0.45ml - 10% drop.

0.405ml - 10% drop.

0.365ml - 9.8765% drop, rounding off to 10%.

0.328ml - 10.137% drop, rounding off to 10%

0.29 or 0.3ml - 11.5854%, rounding off to 12%.

0.27ml - 10% drop.

0.24ml - 11.1111% drop, rounding off to 11%.

0.22ml - 8.3333% drop, rounding off to 8%.

0.19 or 0.2ml - 13.6364% drop, rounding off to 14%.

0.17ml - 10.5263% drop, rounding off to 11%.

0.15ml - 11.7647% drop, rounding off to 12%.

0.13ml - 13.3333% drop, rounding off to 13%.

0.12ml - 7.6923% drop, rounding off to 8%

0.11ml - 8.3333% drop, rounding off to 8%

They are all rounded off to 10% and try not to worry too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------

0.45ml

0.405ml

0.365ml

0.328ml

1)

( 0.45ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.45 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.0225 mg  10% drop.

2)

( 0.405ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.405 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.02025 mg  10% drop.

3)

( 0.365ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.365 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.01825 mg  9.8765% round off 10% drop.

4)

( 0.328ml ) * (0.025 mg / 0.5 ml )

( 0.328 * 0.025 mg / 0.5 )

0.0164 mg   10.137% round off 10% drop.

It all works out the same way ;)

You're set to go with the cuts. Your pharmacist is correct. It does have to be rounded off. I think you will be fine.

do the cuts I make have to be exactly say .365 or can they be rounded it off ot .37?

They can be rounded off. As long as your cuts are reasonable.. you will be fine. It seems to me you're doing the right thing.

In all, within range.. your cuts are set, good to go  :thumbsup:

Sigma.

You are awesome.

Thank you so much for the help you have given and for have taken the time to do this for me. God bless you.

[21...]

You are awesome.

Thank you so much for the help you have given and for have taken the time to do this for me. God bless you.

You're welcome.

Try not to worry too much about your cuts because they are all pretty much rounded off to 10%.

I know that's hard not to worry about a cut percentage. I have done the same thing earlier in my taper.

You will be fine. I hope the fog lifts for you soon.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :)

S#