Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diazepam taper

[Ha...]

it is hard to post on my phone but it’s all I have to use.

I have gone from 27mg of diazepam a day in about two months to cutting out the 2 mg at night  to 15

mg of diazepam and skipping my am and afternoon 5mg each time and also cut 3 gabapentins I have 1 in am 2 in afternoon. I have been trying and failing for months as I always seem to do when I am kicking a drug.

So now I make it all day with no drugs but am taking vitamin supplements that help me stay calm.

I have a ton of craziness from others in my life at this time but in spite of it all I am extremely determined.

So as of today June 2 2002 I am on 15 mg of diazepam at night , 2 gabapentins 300 mg each and 150 mg of Trzadone.

I am feeling quite well but still am going through brain fog at times .

My white blood cell count has gone from low to normal.

I have not told my Dr. I have cut back this much.

Told him I was ready to continue taper but he said wait for a while

I know and listen to my own body.

I am just going to go along with what he says to do and let him think I am doing it his way so I. Don’t get yelled at or dropped.

Anyone out there relate?

I have been successful going off Geodi which of course was not a benzo but hell to get off by gradually breaking capsule open and tapering took about a year.

The only thing I can relate to is the tapering off of valium. You seem like you are really kicking it! I am moving at a much slower pace. I've never tried gabapentin.  I wish you the best of luck and I hope you are proud of the success you've made so far!