Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I blew my water taper

[Co...]

So at day 5 I blew my water taper. I had an intense slam of wd yesterday afternoon. I'm back on .1575mg. Why is this small dose messing with me so much? I've been on it for weeks and anytime I mess with it I go into bad wd. I have come so far only to hit this roadblock near the end. Can anyone relate? I guess I'll go back to a dry taper.

I can see you're frustrated but please don't make a snap decision about going back to a dry titration.  Not that there is anything wrong with that method, I just hate to see you cause yourself anymore upset by switching back if we can figure out how to work with your current method.

I wish I could be more helpful when it comes to tapering but I didn't so I can't offer anything useful except to say I hope you can give yourself time to work this out.

I see your signature says you're hoping to finish in 79 days. I'm at similar numbers to you and tapering at 5- 7.5% every two weeks. I would not be able to finish my taper in 79 days and be functional. Maybe you need to slow it down a bit?

You're so close,  you can do this. There's no need to rush. I wouldn't give up on water titration yet like Pamster suggested.

Pamster and Jellybaby, thank you so much for your faith and support.

I do have a plan intact. I'm going back to dry tapering to .125 until I can be stable on that, then return to the water taper.

I was a victim of my own anxiety. The bad tinnitus just spirals my thinking out of control in anxiety. I had convinced myself the water taper was inaccurate and I was going to be like forever unable to ever stabilize. I know this because as soon as I took my "rescue"dose I was fine, even though the tinnitus hadn't abated.

Anxiety is such a nasty beast- so convincing and so unrelenting.

Jelly yes, we are at similar doses. I'm at .15ish. It's crazy such a tiny amount matters so much.

Thank your for letting us know your plan, I love that you're so self aware, you recognized the issue and have a solution in mind you've thought out with a clear head.  I have confidence in your confidence.  :thumbsup:

Hi Collie,

I wish you luck with this.  What I would add is that it isn't that it's the last little bit that is so hard- - with benzos its a cumulative process.  You have actually tapered very quickly ---- at least as far as many on here are concerned - that isn't to say I feel you did anything wrong at all -- we are all unique but its common when we taper pretty quick to hit a snag and then think "oh no, I can't seem to get below this same amount" when its really the cumulative effect of the entire taper process.  I wish you luck with this and just always know you can always slow down if need be and take it a bit slower so you don't get stung by that irrational anxiety beast that tells us this isn't possible.  Best of luck!