Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Explain you neck / back/shoulder tension

Mine I feel like my throat is closed in , like I am choking, its so tight, it also feels like my head is so heavy that it will fall off my shoulders, and like theres small muscles spasms gng on inside my neck , any feel like this ?

Hi again Laura, I hate to join every thread and say me too...but yes I have this too. The throat thing and the heavy head, a lot of times it feels like my head is being pulled forward. I have a lot of other physical head stuff, also the tight neck and crackles in my neck too. Im sorry you have all the sx you do, I know you were not on as long as a lot of people, so that seems so unfair. This stuff is just awful, but I bet you start noticing things improving soon. Love, Colleen

Thnak you Colleen , I Love you sweetie , tx you for replying sand so sorry your gng through this honey , your in my prayers  :smitten:

i get the heavy head feeling all the time.also neck and shoulder pain.lots of pain in top of head mostly and pain in back of head.have u tryed a head pad on the back of neck that helps.you know nothing surprises me any more with these w/d sx.it affects every single part of the body.the list is to long.i had the tight throat horrible! the first time i w/drawal of tablets.i was 6months off and had the worst sx ever.but i havnt had that this time.iv been off 14 months now.i think it is just a matter of sitting it out.things come and go.i try to get as much rest as poss and fill every hour ofthe day with jobs around the house so i am shattered by bedtime.cant get to bed quick enough.LOVE SLEEP SO MUCH.

try a heat pad on your neck not like i put in last letter head pad......or a hot water bottle not to hot                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            good luck anyway let me know if it helps                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      chrissy

I just experienced this for the very first time yesterday...so to read your post today is like a "wow" moment.  That's how I felt...my throat felt almost swollen and my head was so heavy...my neck felt tired and tight and there were spasms.  My husband said to just lay down on the bed/listen to music but even THEN I could still feel this heavy feeling in my neck.  It passed after an hour or so and then came back for a bit.  VERY strange and VERY unsettling feeling.  My husband always says "just think of it as new nerves awakening and it's your body healing".  I try to visualize that...it works sometimes...and sometimes not. 

Man what a ride this is, eh?!  My husband says this forum is full of VERY strong people.  Yay us!  :yippee:

ALL the best,

Schatje

• 2 months later...

Hi all,ditto to everyone about neck,head issues.ican can feel the spasms from my neck on the pillow when i lay flat on back. Husband right on about wakening nerves. Hang in there everyone, relief will come.

pianogirl