Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Major Window Today

Hi Everyone - I am hesitant to even post this as I don't want to jinx myself but I'm having a major window today!  I feel perfect and like myself before benzos.  Three days ago I thought I was going to die.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring but it's great while it lasts!  I'm off 6 weeks today!  Hang in there - it will get better - I'm really encouraged.  Best to all, Billwill

This is wonderful, I'm so glad you're getting a taste of what it will feel like when you're past this!  :yippee:

A window at only 6 weeks? That's great! I didn't have anything that resembled a window for a few months. I am feeling a lot better but none of my windows have made me feel like myself again.

Crazy how you can feel so bad one day and so good the next when you are in WD.

Wow, so soon?  Trying not to be jealous.  Soooooo very happy for you!

(I know what you mean about the jinx thing.  I don't believe in superstitions, but that one is challenging my skeptical view point.)

Hope the window lasts for you!

This is so great and such a wonderful sign of healing!!! God bless and remember soon ur windows will never close.. :yippee:..Jenny

Thanks for all the good wishes everybody!!!  It was so unexpected that I almost sat in my den chair all day to savor it - not wanting to mess it up.  But it was a beautiful day so I went out and visited several friends I had not seen in a while, then put the top down on my car and just drove out into the country listening to Aerosmith and thinking how good life is and will be again.  It tasted sooooo good!!!  Glorious!!!  Billwill

Thanks for all the good wishes everybody!!!  It was so unexpected that I almost sat in my den chair all day to savor it - not wanting to mess it up.  But it was a beautiful day so I went out and visited several friends I had not seen in a while, then put the top down on my car and just drove out into the country listening to Aerosmith and thinking how good life is and will be again.[/b]  It tasted sooooo good!!!  Glorious!!!  Billwill

Awesome!

I recently realized that it has been a long time since listening to music made me happy. It took catching myself singing along during my windows to realize how dead I have been to the world.

It will be a happy day when I know that I can jump in my car at any given time and jam out to some good music.

So happy for you!!!  I know also what you mean about jinxing yourself.  I want to share positive things here and help everyone but then the next hour or day might be bad for me.  But thanks for sharing and I hope it continues and you share with us. 

Thanks again everybody!  It's now Sunday morning and the window is still open!  This is the first time in 4 years I have felt good for 24 hours!  I don't know what to do with myself.  I never could have imagined how the simple daily routine could feel soooo good.  Florida - I love music, it's one of the few things that can give me chills and move my soul.  Over the past 4 years, I couldn't feel this and it saddened me.  While I have had a career as a banker I should have been a musician - it is my passion.  So sad what benzos do to the soul.  But there is light at the end of this tunnel - and it will get brighter!  Best to all!!!  Billwill  PS - among the Aerosmith tunes I was listening to was "Crazy" - one of my favorites and what the doctor would have told me had I told him I was going through benzo withdrawal!  I felt as good as if I had Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler in the car with me!!  :D