Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Suddenly confused by my taper math

[Co...]

I'm doing a liquid micro taper and have become mixed up about how much to take out. Should I just be removing 1 ml a day and keep compounding the amount I take out? For example take out 1 ml day 1, take out 2 ml day 2, 3 day for etc. I'm not sure why this is so confusing to me.

That’s the general approach.  However, please use your symptoms and functionality to guide the amount and pace of your taper.  An increase in withdrawal symptoms and/or a decrease in ability to perform essential daily tasks are both signals that you need to make an adjustment in your taper. Are you keeping a  daily taper journal? 

So by day 7 I should be taking out 7 ml? I started 4 days ago and am already down to .1495. I started at .1575. It seems a lot faster than what I thought was just. .002 mg dose reduction a day. I'm making notes on how much I take out a day. So I'm reducing .008 tomorrow if each ml = .002?

Did a member help you plan your taper?  If so, then I suggest you send that person a PM (personal message) to ask if they would please visit this thread to answer your questions.

Bob7 helped me but I don't want to bother him. I reread the original instructions and I think I remove just 1ml a day.

Glad you figured it out.  (Regrettably, I didn’t have time to read through all of your past posts and responses to reconstruct your taper plan.)

Wait, that can't be right or the liquid would never go down. Maybe I need to go back to a dry taper :tickedoff:

Can you describe exactly how you are preparing your liquid (what strength tablets, how many tablets, how much water)?

Then can you tell us how much of the liquid you have removed and how much of the liquid you have ingested for the past 3 or so days?

Here's the formula:

Starting dose .1575

Dissolve .25 in 125ml

Remove 46 ml

Remove 1ml a day

In 79 days taper will be over. The part that is messing me up is the 46ml. Can't I just add the ml each day onto that?

So day one is Remove 47ml

Day 2 is 48ml

Day 3 is 49 ml

Day 4 is 50ml and so forth?

And then each ml=.002 so I think I'm at .1495 today. This was my third dose. Uggg I'm so incredibly sorry and frustrated. I'm not normally this stupid but clearly have wd brain.

Yes, you can remove one additional mL of the liquid a day AS LONG AS your withdrawal symptoms and functionality level remain stable/tolerable. So:

Day 1:  remove 46mL, drink 79mL

Day 2:  remove 47mL, drink 78mL

Day 3:  remove 48mL, drink 77mL

The homebrew liquid you are making has a concentration of approximately* 0.002mg/mL (0.25mg divided by 125mL).

So on Day 1, you ingested 79mL of the homebrew liquid or approximately* 0.158mg of drug (79mL times 0.002mg = 0.158mg).

On Day 2, you ingested 78mL of the homebrew liquid or approximately* 0.156mg of drug (78mL times 0.002mg = 0.156mg).

On Day 3, you ingested 77mL of the homebrew liquid or approximately* 0.154mg of drug (77mL times 0.002mg = 0.154mg).

The use of the modifier ‘approximately’ is both intentional and important.  Here’s why. The clonazepam in your tablet does not ‘dissolve’ when water is added — clonazepam has an extremely low solubility in water.  Instead, your tablet disintegrates when water is added. After you shake the liquid, the clonazepam and other water-insoluble excipients (ingredients) in your tablet are temporarily dispersed throughout the water. 

The technical term for this type of liquid mixture is ‘suspension’.  Suspensions are heterogenous mixtures so there is no guarantee that each and every milliliter of the liquid contains exactly the same amount of drug. However, let me hasten to add that members have tapered successfully using such water-based homebrew suspensions.  Two keys to success include (1) shaking the liquid well before using it and (2) measuring the reduction as quickly as possible before insoluble particles of the drug and excipients settle out of suspension (water is a poor suspending vehicle due to its low viscosity).

Thank you Libertas for the explanation! I was making it overly complicated. So far no additional withdrawal symptoms...hopefully that will continue.

You are welcome, CollieB.  I’m glad I was able to help and delighted that your withdrawal symptoms are stable (not changing).