Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question on Klonopin taper

[Ho...]

I am on .125mg twice daily. I thought I read that some people just keep moving up the morning dose until it’s at night dose and then just drop the morning dose completely. After that they taper the .125mg.

Is that a viable option or will that create too many withdrawal symptoms?

Thank you so much.

Its certainly possible to do this, but moving doses can be challenging since your body expects it at a certain time.  Is there a reason why you want to do this, do you feel you don't need the morning dose, if that's the case, why not reduce it instead of moving it?

Are you having difficulty sleeping, do you want to save your daily dose for nighttime to help you sleep?

Good questions. I just want to get off Klonopin and was thinking it might be an easy way to get the dose Cut more quickly. Probably not a good idea since I’m in PAWS due to coming off 20 yr Paxil too fast.

I just want to be done w all these medications.

I understand, but rushing the process only makes us suffer more, using the drug to mitigate the withdrawal symptoms as you taper is the purpose of a taper, once you're off the drug you get to deal with the symptoms as you've found from your Paxil taper.  I'd suggest waiting to taper the Klonopin if you're still dealing with the Paxil discontinuation because it will be difficult to use your symptoms to guide your reductions.