Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Newby

[ch...]

My experience with benzos goes back to 1995 when i first started experimenting with Roofies.  It felt like in only a month of using them when i tried to stop i was so anxious that i chose to take one every now and then so as not to feel the "Unexplained" symptoms i was feeling. I had never heard or understood what Anxiety was! My parents were too busy tracking their infidelity's to notice anything was wrong. I was LOST at that point and i went to the clinic and explained my symptoms and i was introduced to XANAX.  Well, Xanax was the answer for me. year after year went by and i steadily lost my persona and forgot a lot of memories while trying to live and function as a normal adult. Finally i came across the Heather Ashton manual while researching on line when i finally became computer savvy enough.  I learned a lot reading that book it was like my bible that nobody else could understand. So i switched myself over to Valium at least until i felt ready to start my Taper.  I am now in a recovery Program and am being tapered off of Benzos for the last time! So for 16 long, strange, scary years i am down to 7mg of Valium and i am not looking forward to the Protracted acute withdrawl symptoms. I feel like i have been through Hell throughout the years struggling with the Anxiety and Social Phobia and also dealing with "Professionals" that don't have a CLUE how to handle withdrawl of Benzos but i think i found the right counselor now so my Hope and Faith are being restored. I just want to be FREE of them and Healthy like anyone else.  Good Luck to you ALL!!

Hello chooch, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm very glad to hear you've finally found a way to be free from the Xanax, and it sounds like you have some real life support as well.  We'll be happy to be your virtual support when you're in need. 

Pam

C-I was a low dose xanax user for 18 tears. Took three years to figure out  the weird symptoms I started having. Glad you're gettin off..............BOX