Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

my story with benzos

[Fr...]

I recently turned 23, and I have been taking xanax for about four years. At first, I was taking it every once in a while, but a couple years ago I started taking it on a daily basis. Since then, I haven't been able to come off of it as the stress and withdrawal symptoms were too horrible. I found out I was pregnant in February, which makes everything much more complicated. I managed to get my dosage down from 3 mg to 2 mg a day, but I was forced into a detox centre a couple weeks ago. Since then, my life has gotten so much harder. I have to see a new doctor almost every day, either an OB or a detox doctor. They want me to taper off of it by reducing .5  mg a week, which they say is extremely slow. But they haven't helped me with coping with my anxiety and panic problems at all. In fact, they've made everything worse.

So anyway, I hate my doctors. I'm terrified about what will happen after I have to stop taking it. I don't feel ready, but they don't care. It seems like to them, I am just another drug addict. That is my story so far.

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you're being forced to taper so quickly, we all know how painful this is.  If they're determining the speed of your taper, we can help you understand what's happening to you and help you cope with the symptoms.  I'm sure being pregnant while suffering withdrawal symptoms is difficult, how can we help?

Pam

Hello and welcome to BB! I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time and that you are having trouble with your Drs. I am sure being pregnant and going through withdrawals is not easy. We are here to support you, let us know how we can help.

I recently turned 23, and I have been taking xanax for about four years. At first, I was taking it every once in a while, but a couple years ago I started taking it on a daily basis. Since then, I haven't been able to come off of it as the stress and withdrawal symptoms were too horrible. I found out I was pregnant in February, which makes everything much more complicated. I managed to get my dosage down from 3 mg to 2 mg a day, but I was forced into a detox centre a couple weeks ago. Since then, my life has gotten so much harder. I have to see a new doctor almost every day, either an OB or a detox doctor. They want me to taper off of it by reducing .5  mg a week, which they say is extremely slow. But they haven't helped me with coping with my anxiety and panic problems at all. In fact, they've made everything worse.

So anyway, I hate my doctors. I'm terrified about what will happen after I have to stop taking it. I don't feel ready, but they don't care. It seems like to them, I am just another drug addict. That is my story so far.

I think we can help you with that, Freewaterfalljr.  I used a lot of the tips and techniques I found on the Anxiety Board to keep anxious feelings from escalating into panic.  Here is a link to a post I printed out.  There have been a lot of good suggestions added to this thread over the years.  Check it out.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.msg180729#msg180729