Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I am 2 years out today. What has improved and what has not.

[Li...]

I feel like it's a big accomplishment to make it to the two-year mark. Last year at 13 months out I got rid of the chemical anxiety that was intense. Two months ago my taste and smell came back. Two months ago this terrible wheezing with difficulty breathing and bad sinus issues cleared up. I haven't used the inhaler in almost 2 months. That's the positive!

What's still going on. Still unable to watch TV and sensitive to lights in stores. One of the worst symptoms is this intense chemical Terror that wakes me up at night and keeps me up at times and lasts throughout the day it has gotten worse. I still have stomach issues, heart burn etc  and left-sided pain as well as tinnitus and heart palpitations. Headaches and jaw pain that comes and goes. The tinnitus and heart palpitations had been gone for almost a year and came back. Sure hope I'm getting near the end of this journey. I think I'm in a terrible wave! Would at least like to see this intense chemical terror subside. Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Sorry to hear you're still suffering LL. But as you say, there's been improvement!! It's a long old road, but you're closer to the end than you are from the beginning.

Onwards and upwards  :smitten:

LiveLife,

I'm sure you know this but I find that making it a priority to keep stress to a minimum helps.

Also I drank a 24 ounce sports drink and it gave me huge anxiety.

I thought it was OK since it wasn't an energy drink.

Reading the label after I seeing it had more B-12 and B6 than an energy drink.

Wishing improvement for you, it will happen!

Nice to hear you have some improvements. That's a good sign. Don't monitor yourself to much, that's create anxiety and bring weird symptoms.

I'm curious, is your tinnitus a high pitch sound or a kind of swooshing sound in synch with your heart beat?

Mice

Hi LL, how very positive of you to acknowledge the progress!  I am happy to hear about the things that have gotten better for you.

I can't help think that at 2 years out that our receptors have come back for the most part, but that we are just so darn dysfunctional.  I noticed you have some gut issues....Have you tried eating pro-biotic foods to help heal any microbiome issues?  Can you take any pro-biotic supplements?

My heart is with you  :smitten:

Congrats LL , hang tough your day is coming. A word of caution,  when you arrive at that great day of healing . Pace yourself,  slow and steady wins the race.

I would be willing to bet that your stoumach or side problems are muscular. God bless

Music60

Havingamare,

Thank you for your reply and you're positive comment. You're right I am closer. Sometimes it's just so hard to hang on. Hugs!

LiveLife

Mice,

Thanks for the encouragement. My tinnitus is a very high-pitched tone in my left ear only. It was gone for months and then came back with a vengeance. Hugs!

LiveLife

Dea,

Thank you so much. I try very hard to stay positive but when you're suffering it can be so difficult. I'm actually very careful with my diet and in the last number of months I tried two different probiotics and had a bad reaction so for now I'm holding on that. But I am able to take a digestive enzyme that really helps. So I'm just hoping the further out I get the better it's going to get. My stomach issues were gone and they just came back in the last two months. It's crazy it might be a final wave for me I don't know but I keep hoping. Hugs and good healing to you!

LiveLife

Music,

Thank you. I sure hope my day is coming soon. It can be very difficult to hang on at times. I appreciate your encouragement and support. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hey ya Live!!!  Hang in there sis.  Your getting soooo close. So glad the taste came back.

Now you can enjoy what you can. I’m sure in time your tummy will be better. For now just

Remember our paradise is waiting    ;)    Loads of hugggs.

Oh in the search bar put memorial tombs.  Sage hill quoted  ( interesting)

Kudos xo

Kudos,

So good to hear from you! Thanks for the positive vibes. Honestly if I could just get rid of this intense chemical terror think I could handle the rest. Loads of hugs to you! Can't wait for that paradise. I will check that out. How are you doing?

LiveLife

Dea,

Thank you so much. I try very hard to stay positive but when you're suffering it can be so difficult. I'm actually very careful with my diet and in the last number of months I tried two different probiotics and had a bad reaction so for now I'm holding on that. But I am able to take a digestive enzyme that really helps. So I'm just hoping the further out I get the better it's going to get. My stomach issues were gone and they just came back in the last two months. It's crazy it might be a final wave for me I don't know but I keep hoping. Hugs and good healing to you!

LiveLife

Yes I had a very bad reaction too when I tried the probiotics.  I was on Culturelle for 3 weeks doing just fine, then I had a bout of 5 days intense abdominal  cramping and "more" which I'll not describe here.  I of course I stopped the probiotic, and just started backup with foods like kefir, yogurt, etc.  In retrospect I think that episode may have been a rather violent battle between the good vs bad bacteria in my gut bc I did take a positive turn after that.  I am now trying kombucha and other naturally fermented foods and keeping off most inflammatory foods.  I think  that is a key pillar to our healing. 

Godspeed  to you!  You are getting there!!!

Bexlan,

Thank you so much! That's all I want is just to live my life again. Been on hold for so long. I am really struggling I sure hope this is the worst before it gets better. Hugs!

LiveLife

Dea,

Yes I definitely tried to eat the right foods to support digestion. I've been very careful. My doctor told me to even avoid corn because that could be a problem. It just seems like this is one of the worst waves I've ever been in. I sure hope that means some deep healing is happening and it's going to get better soon. Thank you for your encouragement. Hugs!

LiveLife

Glad some things have improved for you. Physical have eased for me, but eyes bit funny again. Did think mental symptoms improved a bit, tried venturing out in the car, soon as got back, anxiety off the scale, the brain tricks you into false sense security into thinking that you are getting better, then slams you with another wave.

Leann,

I'm sorry to hear that you're in a wave. But it's a good thing that you actually had a window. I think your central nervous system just needs a bit more time to heal. Be patient with yourself. I know it's not easy you've been waiting over 3 years now. But I think you're almost there. Sounds like good progress to me. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Live, after 40 months of this, don’t have your optimism I will recover from this. Windows only last couple days, then the waves feel worse than ever. It’s affecting my husband’s health, he wouldn’t take his heart medication last night was so wound up. Really think he would better off without me, I don’t mean in the permanent  sense, just feel I’m destroying his life as well. How can I still be getting awful waves after all this time😱

Leann,

I'm sorry you're struggling like this. But I have posted and looked up old threads and after a good window you can have a bad wave. Even this far out. Unfortunately! It means there's deep healing going on. I had a few very short windows at the beginning of the month and the rest of the month I've been absolutely worse than ever. I'm just hoping deep healing is happening. There's also the theory of worse before it gets better. And you might have been here before, I understand. But this could be the final time. But also, if you've overdone it it's just your body's way of trying to balance back out. So just pace yourself and let's hope for the best. I am really struggling more than ever right now. And this is very hard on our husbands. I guess they're trying to do the best they can in this horrible situation. Hugs!

LiveLife