Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help, Need Support

[Pe...]

Hi,

I’ve read so often in the success stories that people say they couldn’t have done it without the support of other buddies. I definitely need support. I started my taper off 1.5 mg clonazepam on Jan 20 this year, so about 4 months in. I am about 20% off. I am struggling with awful mood swings. I get a couple of days a week that are okay, a couple that are bad, and a few that are horrendously bad. On the horrendously bad days, I have mental pain that I didn’t even know existed. I don’t know how I will stand one more minute, let alone an hour. I have fear and am convinced that I will never get through this process. I feel that there is something strange about me- even if I am able to get off, I will never recover. The okay days are to be appreciated, of course, and when I have them I feel hopeful. The downside, is that they seem to taunt me, as the very next day I am in torment. Does anyone else have these mood swings? Also, do things ever improve as you move along in your taper? My guess is I will be tapering for another year. Perserverance

This process is very difficult and even more difficult to understand. One thing to know is we do have irrational fears and that is normal even though it sucks. The fear of never recovering is irrational even though it is completely normal. I have those days too. The good thing is, the majority of people on here have healed. You will too.

I have some mood swings - I get easily irritated which is not the normal me. I try not to obsess over these things. The more I think about it, the more air time I give it and the more worried I become. So I've learned to just try and think of it as a benzo symptom and try and move on. The difficult thing with symptoms is, the more you try and fight it, the harder the struggle. But for me, if I distract from it and not think about it, it becomes more bearable. Last year this time I was where you were. I was at 1mg K and thought it would never end. Now I'm down to the very low numbers and I feel the end is almost in sight. Keep on perservering!

This post was written by one of our members and I appreciated it because it put our situation in terms I could understand, I wish it had been around when I went through what you are.  What is happening in your brain

I also feel like you could benefit from reading this thread, it talks about the lies the drug tells us, one being we're broken and will never recover, fear is such a huge symptom, its difficult to breathe we have so much of it. Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

I hope you'll take a peek at these two threads, it may help break through some of the fear gripping you.