Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do you hide how you are feeling?

[Mi...]

I am a heart on the sleeve sort of person but when I am finding it tough I seem to be unable to hide how I am feeling from others. I know it is not helpful for relationships.

My looping thoughts have been here again for over a month. They came during a long hold.

How can you get yourself picked back up?

Thank you

MP

Sometimes it feels like a big act to keep things going, but just staying in a routine trying your best is all you can do at times until you feel better.

Thank you Trtguy23. I appreciate your reply.

Take big care

MP

Sometimes it feels like a big act to keep things going, but just staying in a routine trying your best is all you can do at times until you feel better.

Hi Miss Piggy!

I was wondering: is it such a bad thing to wear your heart on your sleeve? Couldn't you use this to a better advantage rather than feeling like you need to fight it?  :) It probably also depends on the situations you have in mind, in which you feel that this disadvantages you... but in my opinion, emotions are never a bad thing, it is the way you deal with them that makes all the difference, is 'hiding' them really what you feel you need to do?

And another thought: an emotion and a reaction are not the same thing - you feel your emotion, and your reaction is a behavior you 'choose' in response to that emotion :)

Julz

Hi Julz

Thank you for replying. What I guess I am trying to say is that I cannot stop talking about how crap I feel. It is on a loop and I know folk are fed up of it and I am scared that the old me is lost.

Hi Miss Piggy!

I was wondering: is it such a bad thing to wear your heart on your sleeve? Couldn't you use this to a better advantage rather than feeling like you need to fight it?  :) It probably also depends on the situations you have in mind, in which you feel that this disadvantages you... but in my opinion, emotions are never a bad thing, it is the way you deal with them that makes all the difference, is 'hiding' them really what you feel you need to do?

And another thought: an emotion and a reaction are not the same thing - you feel your emotion, and your reaction is a behavior you 'choose' in response to that emotion :)

Julz

Hi Julz

Thank you for replying. What I guess I am trying to say is that I cannot stop talking about how crap I feel. It is on a loop and I know folk are fed up of it and I am scared that the old me is lost.

Hi Miss Piggy!

I hear you. To me, this isn't quite the same as 'wearing your heart on your sleeve'  ;) but it is an understandable reaction in response to how disturbing this situation feels. You feel so little like yourself, you feel the need to let other people know that this is not you but drugs and withdrawal... I've been there, believe me. And I also believe that hearing the 'same story' might start getting a bit boring for some. But you know, we may not actually appear as broken as we feel we do, so perhaps you can indeed afford to talk a bit less about what is going on inside you. This, in turn, enables you to focus on something different, engaging on another level with that person, and onwards and upwards, somehow, you start feeling a bit more like a human being and a bit less 'only' like someone going through withdrawal. Because you are much more than that, believe me.

Julz   

Thank you Julz. Take big care

Hi Julz

Hi Miss Piggy!

I hear you. To me, this isn't quite the same as 'wearing your heart on your sleeve'  ;) but it is an understandable reaction in response to how disturbing this situation feels. You feel so little like yourself, you feel the need to let other people know that this is not you but drugs and withdrawal... I've been there, believe me. And I also believe that hearing the 'same story' might start getting a bit boring for some. But you know, we may not actually appear as broken as we feel we do, so perhaps you can indeed afford to talk a bit less about what is going on inside you. This, in turn, enables you to focus on something different, engaging on another level with that person, and onwards and upwards, somehow, you start feeling a bit more like a human being and a bit less 'only' like someone going through withdrawal. Because you are much more than that, believe me.

Julz