Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alcohol

[sl...]

Some people drink and heal, some people drink and get setback. There's absolutely no way of knowing. If you want to try, I'd personally try a very small amount as a tester, like a few sips. If you want to play it safe which most people seem to, it's better to stay away from alcohol. I personally test the waters occasionally with the odd beer or glass of wine, I get a little payback for a day or 2, but nothing serious. Now whether that interferes with healing? There's some who would say that anything that binds to the GABA receptors will interfere with healing, I suppose like picking a scab, will disturb the natural healing process. Others say it doesn't matter, and as far as I'm aware there's no actual proof either way. You just need to do what you think is right for you, and go slow when trying to reintroduce it if you do decide to try

Thanks for the reply Havingamare. I just wondered if a little nip at night would help me sleep or hinder it?

Thanks for the reply Havingamare. I just wondered if a little nip at night would help me sleep or hinder it?

There's only 1 way to find out. Some people say it helps, some say it revs them up. Just go slow

I dont know if I should bother with it, I dont want to get used to taking it and end up addicted. Havent had alcohol for a few years, not a fan.

I dont know if I should bother with it, I dont want to get used to taking it and end up addicted. Havent had alcohol for a few years, not a fan.

If that's the case I wouldn't bother if I was you. I only have the occasional 1 or 2 because I enjoy it, it's part of my life. I live in France and you get some strange looks if you don't drink wine with a meal lol. But if you are considering drinking to help you through WD, I wouldn't recommend it

Btw, how are you getting on with your smoking cessation? I gave up last June, in prep for my op. I couldnt smoke because I was in bed for weeks and wouldnt smoke in the house, and didnt really want to during my recovery,so I just never bothered with it since. I do vape now and again but dont really enjoy it. I think its just the habit

Btw, how are you getting on with your smoking cessation? I gave up last June, in prep for my op. I couldnt smoke because I was in bed for weeks and wouldnt smoke in the house, and didnt really want to during my recovery,so I just never bothered with it since. I do vape now and again but dont really enjoy it. I think its just the habit

Not very well  :D I flew last week and have a sleeve of duty free here. I won't buy anymore once they're gone. I have some vaping stuff, which I was going to switch to, but to stop completely would be better obviously. I've been smoking since I was 14, so as stupid as it sounds I'm a bit nervous about a life without smoking. Think it's a bit of WD anxiety, because it doesn't make any sense to be anxious

I know what you mean, I started smoking at 15, gave up for six years about 20 years ago but started again. I do miss it occasionally because I enjoyed it, not just habit. What helped me give up was not being able to travel the past few years so I couldnt get cheaper cigs in other countries, it was just too tempting not to buy them. Im in UK and the average price of a packet is average £12 ! I just wouldnt pay it. Sometimes I think I could just have one now and again but its just like benzos and creeps back up on you. It's hard but if you really want to you will quit evevtually