Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking for help

[rs...]

Hello all,

Joining because I have no idea how to get off these things. Tried cold turkey and didn’t sleep for 72 hrs. Clonazapam current dose 2mg going on three years now.

Hello rswannabe, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Cold turkey is awful isn't it, I had no idea what had happened to me since I didn't realize these drugs needed to be tapered.  I'm glad you reinstated, this way you can hopefully get started on a taper and remain functional while you're getting rid of the drug.

Have you stabilized yet, it can take awhile for things to calm down after what you've been through.  We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms dictate so you can hopefully still function.

I'll give you some links to some resources and the boards on the forum that may be pertinent to your situation but please let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual