Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cross

[li...]

Try to cross to valium when already really sick in ativan tolerance eith kindlded brain? Or will the brain just see everything  new as a neurotoxin?

I crossed from Ativan to valium when I was sick as a dog on Ativan. I followed Ashton's c/o schedule. It's doable. Chin up!

:smitten:

Katz

Would you mind sharing how you crossed? I tried adding two doses of Valium yesterday and it seemed to make the Ativan withdrawal symptoms worse

Yes, I used this schedule:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

It's Ashton's Schedule 3. I started at Stage 8 (I was at 1.5 mgs of A) and just followed it down until I was on all valium. It was pretty easy. I don't think it's advisable to just "add 2 doses of valium" as you said you did. The c/o schedule depends on substitution of V for A and  then a gradual reduction. Maybe slot yourself into the schedule at the appropriate place for your dosage of A and give it a go. Do you have a doc onboard for this . . . you'll need a fair amount of valium.

Best,

Katz