Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

It scares me that this can take YEARS to recover

[Pr...]

I am 4 months post CT Klonopin and it scares the heck out of me to see success stories from people documenting the number of years it has taken to feel normal. I can barely get through days. Hoping for some encouragement here. 

Hello Prayerful102

Try not to worry, not everyone takes that long, we are all different!  It took me 2 years for me, I was using benzos everyday for 26 years.

It gets easier, you are 4 months off, thats amazing, you should be so proud.  The symptoms will ease off and eventually disappear!

Hang in there, try and distract from symptoms if you can!  Do what you need to get through each day, It will get better.

Magrita :smitten:

Try not to look too much into the timeframe of people here. MOST just heal and move on with their lives. You get the worst of the worst here, and they are generally the ones writing success stories. Just try to keep getting those days in, the days are long but the months are short

Everyone is different, I’m 39 months off zopiclone, but I tried several different anti depressants after about 10 months off. I have found the best thing is not to set time frames, thinking You will be better by 6 months, 12 months etc. Some of the long term people may have other things going on we don’t know about, maybe pre existing conditions. As having a mare said a lot of people heal quickly and never come on forums like this. All the Benzo experts say we will all heal, you are still early stages no reason to think you will be protracted.

I was also cT off zopiclone and since then been put on and off many other meds as no dr recognized it as zopiclone withdrawl.  Could I still be suffering from the zopiclone withdrawl 2 years later

[aa...]

I am 4 months post CT Klonopin and it scares the heck out of me to see success stories from people documenting the number of years it has taken to feel normal. I can barely get through days. Hoping for some encouragement here.

Thank you for posting this.  The success stories bum me out too because of the length of recovery.  I thought I was the only one!

Sabi, I don’t really know I’m no expert. I never had anxiety before only insomnia. I had lot family stress for 6 months last year which also delayed recovery. Are the other meds not helping you at all? Maybe ask on the z support group, they might be able advise you better?

I was also cT off zopiclone and since then been put on and off many other meds as no dr recognized it as zopiclone withdrawl.  Could I still be suffering from the zopiclone withdrawl 2 years later

Sounds all too familiar. My journey started with antidepressant WD, which apparently doesn't exist.

The issue you are running into is being apart f a echo chamber, we have small numbers in these groups all things considered, this volume of negative thoughts in such a refined placement tends to project a higher resolution within the population in these communities so basically your perspective is confirming to the dominant theory which is "Recovery can take years", you have to move past that and start thinking that these groups offer a small sample size instead of a general average. Many don't take years it really depends on a person's nervous system. You could be sick as a dog today but wake up tomorrow feeling 40%,50%,60% and so on better (Turning a corner).

Don't focus on the negative focus on what you can currently control now such as dieting to help improve how quickly you can recover

Not to mention whenever someone leaves a "It took me years to recover, they almost always leave out certain factors which could of caused set backs and so on".