Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo taper

[le...]

Hi, I am Christina from Malaysia.I am a chronic insomniac dependant on drugs to sleep for 8 months.I am taking 15 mg Remeron, 2.5 mg Xyprexa and 1 mg Restoril.Can someone provide me a timetable to taper these medication systematically and throw in a natural supplement to replace them.

Hello leepeng, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We can certainly help you figure out what to do, we have many members with insomnia problems who are also on different medications.  We'll also be able to let you know about supplements, although, there aren't many which help with this.  We've found the best answer to be getting off of the benzo and letting time heal us, but we'll support whatever you decide to do, of course.

It would probably be best if you tapered the Restoril first, we typically suggest a 10% reduction to your dose every week or two.

Pam

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, Christina.

I don't know about Remeron and Zyprexa, which are not benzos, but you are on a low dose of the short acting Restoril so I agree with Pamster that you should get off that first.  What size tablets do you have?  Many of us merely cut our tablets in 1/4s and take 1/4th less every week or two until you are done.  BTW, we have an Insomnia board where you can find suggestions to help with your sleep difficulties.  It is something many of us deal with frequently.