Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New tapering method ( Help Please)

[Re...]

I am on 2 mg of V and my doctor this last month had me take 1 mg for 5 of the days in the month. He wants me to take 2 mg this next month and take 1mg for 7 of the days. Has anyone done this before? I’m having a hard time feeling right when I cut the 1 mg for 2 days straight. Would I be better off cutting my 2 mg. Into 4 pieces and take 1 1/2 mg. So it would be consistent instead of picking different days to take 1 mg

Redbird Flies

You've made great progress on your taper Redbird - way to go!  The consenses here seems to be that a steady decline in dose rather than alternating doses is the best way to go and easiest to tolerate.  Plus, if you've gone 7 days on a lower dose, going back up in dose doesn't make sense.  I like your thinking better.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Kate! You have been an inspiration for me.I’m so happy to see you are helping people on here. I haven’t gone 7 straight days. He wants me to alternate to 1 mg on any 7 days I choose out of the next 30 days. I did go 2 straight days back to back the last 30 days  when he wanted me to go 5 days taking 1 mg. and I am not liking how I feel that is why I was thinking of going to 1 1/2 everyday. I’m thinking a steadier taper might be better for me but I do not feel that I can go down to 1 mg everyday. I hope I’m making sense.

I understand now Redbird.  I like your plan better but an even smaller reduction than 1.5mg might be easier tolerated.  You can always do a bigger reduction but going back up in dose doesn't always work when the cut is already made.  I'm rooting for you Redbird!