Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Stabbing pain under left rib rage and nausea?

[Yo...]

I woke up during the night with a stabbing pain under my left rib, I went to the bathroom and took some Advil and was able to go back off to sleep.

Anyway, I have woken up today with the same stabbing pain.  I have nausea and the pains are that bad I want to bend over/curl up.  I am not sure if this is benzo related? I took my last dose of Clonazepam about 16 days ago now.

I've had a look at some other posts which suggest it may be but I am not sure?

I can't see your signature so I can't tell whic phase you are in. But for me this had happened in first phase of drug withdrawal.

I took my last dose of Clonazepam about 16 days ago.  I currently don't take any prescription medications, only vitamins.

I've been to see a doctor who doesn't think it is benzo withdrawal related (don't they all say that though). He thinks it is 12th rib syndrome? I'm being sent for an ultrasound tomorrow to check. The pain is horrific. It is like I am being stabbed.

I've had a pain under my left rib the whole time. It's definitely WD in my case, so I would say that yours it too. Of course it's good to get things checked out, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. As with everything it will clear up in time

Thank you 'having a mare'.

I do agree with you.  I am sure it is WD - I've never had pain like it. I have been in tears a few times today. Hopefully it calms down overnight!

The only thing I thought strange was the onset?  It came on suddenly after 2-3 weeks being off Clonazepam?

The only thing I thought strange was the onset?  It came on suddenly after 2-3 weeks being off Clonazepam?

New symptoms can appear at any time, it's so unpredictable. I'm still getting new symptoms popping in here and there now. My pain has died down to a dull ache, which is more uncomfortable than anything else when I'm laying on my right side. It flares occasionally, but it's more of an annoyance than anything now. Hopefully yours will pass soon