Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Terrible tingling in body, and many symptoms have returned and flared up. Why?

[Li...]

Just wondering if anyone has this terrible tingling in their body? I'm 23 and a half months out now and I don't understand it. It seems to be affecting my whole left side and has gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. I just don't know what to do so many symptoms have flared up and become so hard to live with. I had some tinnitus that went away and in the last month that has come back raging in my ear. Last year because of benzo recovery I developed a hiatal hernia. It goes out up into my diaphragm and my chiropractor has to put it back. It causes a lot of pain and nausea makes it difficult to eat. It can get really bad at night and make it impossible to sleep because of the pain. That has been gone for a year and it came back. Today I've had fear and panic all day. I just have so many symptoms and I'm really struggling. I don't know why I'm so bad when I'm this far out. Last night I also had fear surges I've never had that before. I'm really scared. I'm unable to distract. This is absolutely horrible. Any input is appreciated. Thank you

LiveLife

Your symptoms may not be related to benzos. Have you changed your diet recently? You should see your doc

Hello LiveLife

I experienced tingling on the left side,my face and arm,  I did get checked by my doctor to rule out other causes.  Try not to be discouraged, having a flare up is normal.    A couple of months before I recovered  (around the 20 months mark), It was like I was back in acute, and I was scared.  I had been feeling so much better from 18 months  and now I felt I was right back in the thick of it.  I thought that's it,  I am never going to make it”    but It didn’t last too long and that was the last time I experienced anything like that. 

Hang in there, I know Its difficult to distract when you're going through so much...just remind yourself its temporary.  You will come through this, I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but believe me, It  will get better

Magrita  :smitten:

Yes I'm experiencing this tingling, too, all over. One of my biggest symptoms during and post-taper. I'm a little less than two years out.

I tweaked my lower back, saw my chiro and that really amped up the tingling until now it's burning pain along with fear surges.

For anyone reading this and worrying, I was really doing much better before this-- hardly any anxiety, improved sleep and back to socializing and some activities. And my symptoms improved gradually. It wasn't like waiting and waiting until one magical turning point-- it was a lessening in severity and frequency until it became manageable.

If not for this setback I think I would be feeling better as time went on.

What I'm going through now feels bad but it's nice to not have to deal with pills and cuts and worrying about the taper.

Try not to ask why LL. You'll just drive yourself crazy. It is because it is, and no amount of searching for answers will do any good. Accept it and keep moving forward, until it just isn't :smitten:

Sleepyjo,

I have not changed my diet at all. And I've had tests done at the doctor's office. Thank you for your reply. Hugs!

LiveLife

Magrita,

Thank you so much for your encouraging reply. It means so much to me to hear what you went through. I sure hope that things for me will start looking up as they did for you. Hugs!

LiveLife

Baroness,

Thank you for your reply. It's nice to hear others experiencing something similar. But I'm sorry that you are suffering. I'm sure the setback won't last long for you because it sounds like you were doing quite well before it happened. Hugs!

LiveLife

Havingamare,

Thank you for your no-nonsense reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense. It's very true. Just that it gets so difficult sometimes trying to Grapple with what I'm going through and why. But it is true there is no Rhyme or Reason. It's just nice to hear others comments of what they've experienced and how it improved. Hugs!

LiveLife