Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello 👋

[Ho...]

Hey, thanks for letting me join. I was on clonazepam for 9 years and after a long taper I have now been off for 8 weeks. It’s been a tough journey, for me mostly after the jump is when I started really getting symptoms. I’m here to see if anyone else has had that experience? I’m grateful that for the most part my taper went so well. But wonder if it’s normal for symptoms to not be bad until after the jump? I’m so confused because I did such a slow taper. My main symptoms are dp/dr (never had this before it’s really scary) , anxiety, depression and noise sensitivity,blurry vision.

I often visit the success stories to remind myself this isn’t forever.

Hello Hopehealing, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm glad to hear your taper was fairly mild, now you're in step two which is recovery and it can be challenging.  Many of our members relate to this post, you might want to check it out to see how you compare.  Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

I'll provide some links so you can post on the appropriate board for your situation but feel free to post wherever you have an interest in and I read the success stories too although I didn't believe they were written by real people until I wrote one.  ;)

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

I hope healing, good to have you here. I have been off for 9 weeks so very similar to you! I’m sorry to hear you are having those awful symptoms, I hope they pass soon. I have read that it typically takes 6 months to a year to recover and some even longer so it’s early days for us both. I get very fatigued but that’s much better than all the anxiety and depression. Hang in there. It will get better.

Thank you I appreciate you being so encouraging.

So your main struggle is the fatigue?

Sometimes I wonder what’s wrong with me to have all this happening after a slow taper

I know, we’re all so different with different symptoms at different times! Last night I only slept for 2 hours so very very tired today. Yesterday was a brilliant day though so I probably got too excited!