Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Physical symptoms

[Wa...]

It is the body trying to fix itself  from what I have read. Some people continue to have symptoms after they are done tapering but little by little they go away..  Hang in there!! :hug:

Regarding physical symptoms:  for awhile I had all kinds of abdominal pains that may or may not have been "benzo belly" but when a abdominal CTscan turned up 100% normal, I relaxed.  Once I knew my symptoms were not a potentially fatal condition, they became so much easier to bear! 

So I'd suggest, prior to tapering or if you have mysterious symptoms, get a basic medical checkup with bloodwork (additional tests if symptoms could be something serious or doctor advises) and if everything checks out okay, it can be a relief to know you're dealing with an annoying but non-fatal and most likely temporary condition.  Just knowing this alone can reduce stress enough that the problem might just drift away!

clearbluesky