Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do I or should I titrate from xanax?

[Th...]

I am taking xanax for over eight years 0.5 3 x a day for approximately eight years - now taking 0.5 1 x a day in quarters - should I titrate and if so, how?....or okay to continue cutting the pills every few weeks?

Thanks.

Gail    "This too shall pass"

[e6...]

Gail,

That is a personal choice. As you taper lower, you are concerned if you will get intensified withdrawal?

Are you still doing well dry-cutting? The last I read your post, you were.

S#

Hi S#,

I think I am doing okay dry tapering and I guess if that works, stay with it?  I am going to cut again in approximately a week as eventually I want to stop welbrutin also. 

I hope to stop xanax totally before September or in that month. 

Thanks.

[e6...]

Hi S#,

I think I am doing okay dry tapering and I guess if that works, stay with it?  I am going to cut again in approximately a week as eventually I want to stop welbrutin also. 

I hope to stop xanax totally before September or in that month. 

Thanks.

Gail,

Yes, if it's working.. stay the course! As that's the best course for now  :thumbsup:

You are plenty strong and I know you will come off the Xanax.

I would wait until after the Xanax to taper the AD. That's my opinion.

If there comes a time in your taper where the Xanax gets to tough to cut, then you may consider titration.

You can do this, and I have faith in you.. that you can do this!

"Yes it will pass"!

:)

S#